Help Needed!

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hi Everyone!

I have an 80 gallon reef system set up now for 2 years and 6 months. It is not pre-drilled and I would like to have a sump/refugium hooked up to a cal reactor which I have.

I priced a complete set up at ReefLife for about $1100.00:eek:

My stand under my aquarium has two sections. The sections are divided by a sheet of 3/4" plywood wall. The sections are 23"L by 18"W.

I know I will need an overflow box for water going to the sump/refugium and pumps for return water to the tank. I have a hang-on skimmer(Remora Pro).

What would you do with this set-up? Just want some brain storming ideas! Thanks for helping this OFR guy!! Johnny:D

P.S. I do have two 20+ gallon hex tanks that are brand new and never been used.

Also if there is a place where I can get a custom made one that has a fair price then that may work too!:)

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
I have a 29 and wanted to add a sump. Got a CPR overflow & sump package thing for around $150. The sump sucked and I got a 10G tank for $10 had the glass shop cut some baffles for $15 and after $20 in PVC at Home Depot I had myself the system I should have done in the first place.

jks1

justin, could you post a pic of your equip- i also have a 29 and was considering adding a sump. thks

wooddood

the wood dude
johnny if your problem is the 3/4 divider,brace under the tank on both side of the divider to carry the load of the tank.then take out the divider and brace the center where the devider was with 2 headers, one in the front and one in the back,take out the two temperrary ones and walay you have all the room you need.

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
Here is my 10G sump .. I am getting some microbubbles in the return so this weekend some time I am going to swap the overflow & return side to see what happens

Attachments

• dsc00306.jpg
    dsc00306.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 22

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks guys for all the info and pics!! I am really a geek when it comes to this stuff!

I have no patience and my wife will attest to that!!:eek:

sharks

Contributing Member
Well Johnny,
Like you I have no patients or inclination to go DIY. So I bought the best system (IMO) that money can buy. JKS1 thanks for the compliment. But I take no credit for it. I hade an old reefer as a customer that swore by LifeReef and after seeing his systems I was sold. He was a great guy god rest his soul :craig: and after ordering my own I am very pleased. I will preface that with they are expensive! I paid just over $1000 in filtration :eek: I’ll do it again too. I work 60-70 hours a week and have no time for DIY. I also don’t mind spending my hard earned money on top quality products.
S

P.S.
Keep in mind that the price included everything!
Down to the Teflon tape and hose clamps.
Totally plug and play :D