hatching brine shrimp?????????

DaveK

No, you don't need a heater to hatch brine shrimp. However, the hatching may take longer.

As for feeding them to fish, the fish will love them, but brine shrimp are not that good a food source. Don't feed them too often.

One nice thing about brine shrimp is that being small, a lot of corals that feed on small items will feed on them.

Ducky

in the summer months I hatch in the garage window. Warm, sunny. I even keep some of them in a larger bucket to grow out.In the winter in my climate I have to hatch inside and I do keep lamp on the hatchery.
I decap or purchase pre decapped from Seahorse Source.
Now I feed 1st and 2nd day hatch. Then I enrich after this part or good nutritional food for my fishes.
any help I can be, let me know. LOL wish I was as good with reefs as I am with brine shrimp

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Actually, newly hatched brine shrimp are very nutritious while they still have their yolk sac attached. After the yolk sac has been absorbed and adult Brine shrimp offer very little in the way of nutrition, as mentioned above.

Ducky

YEP!When the egg sack is there (1st day hatch) the nutritional value is very good. Once the egg sack is gone then the nutritional value is gone.
Yep again lol...phytoplankton. I feed DT's when needed and a product Called Nutra Rose and spirulina. BUT quickly outside with natural sunlight you can culture some nice green water.
I took a salt bucket..cut lid top out(leaving just the rim) and put screen in it. Poked a hole in middle for an airline and set the Stinky bucket out under the eve of the house where it collects sun, pollen...but I am still feeding it every few days. In just 2/3 weeks I have some nice small shrimp for my fishes that are gut loaded with good food.
Ducky
I