Hairy Mushroom Acclimation

ctiq21

I just got a new hair mushroom and it is currently been in my tank for a couple of hours.

I was wondering how long it will look a little retracted before it takes it's full form.

I have it in a light current and relatively close to my lights.

Thanks for the input.

BoomerD

how did you acclimate it? I usually take about 2 hours getting all livestock used to the tank water where they're going. I the item is in a small bag, I roll down the bag a bit, secure it to the tank at the top with a floating magnet cleaner, then add about 1/4 cup of tank water every 15 minutes. When the bag gets full, empty 1/2 out & start again till it gets full. Larger bags of critters usually get placed in a clean bucket with their water, then I set up a drip system with airline tubing and adjust to 1 to 2 drops per second by tying a knot in the airline, or by using a plastic air manifold. double or triple the water volume oner a couple of hours.
A new mushroom should adapt to your water & lights within a couple of days. They seem to prefer lower levels of lighting, and if you have MH lights, the bottom is the right place. If you have VHO's or PC's your options are much more open as to placement. I have 4 110 watt VHO's over my 90 gallon, and have mushrooms growing everywhere!

johnlewis

It should go back to normal opening pattern within a day if your acclimation process was like Boomer described. The low water current is fine.

mnreefman

all depends on how happy it is, ive found that with mushrooms usually a day or two and then they expand to full size

Gina

RS STAFF
Ours was in it's full glory after about a day or two. We acclimate all our new additions whether it be fish or corals for about 3-4 hours with a slow drip. Thank god we learned about the slow drip method! So much nicer than floating and slowly adding new water.