Great News!

kyle1284

great news... i have had a xeina that is growing like wildfire and i went to my LFS and he said that HE would frag it nad give me cold hard cash or store credit! so with that in mind the xeina has 3 trunks off of the main stump and there must be close to 75 pulsing heads on it.... question how much should i get for each head or one of the 3 trunks?

meandean45

It all depends on your' LFS, and what they need for stock. Right now my LFS has tons of Xenia, and won't take any even if you were to give it to them. When he has none, he's been known to pay $7 or $8 for good sized frags.
Haggle with him, but don't, 1.- Price yourself out of a sale. 2.- sell him so much that his stock of Xenia reproduces faster than he can sell it.
Happy Fragging!

Regards,
Dean

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Fragacillin! The perfect medicine for reefitis :D

Ditto to meandean45 :thumbup:

My lfs allows me to bring in my corals for store credit. I would suggest that if you have the room in your tank, to allow the xenia to begin growing on an overflow or back glass. I have found that they love these areas and will spread up towards the light. On these flat surfaces, they are super easy to scrap off too.

kinghokus420

I would suggest that if you have the room in your tank, to allow the xenia to begin growing on an overflow or back glass. I have found that they love these areas and will spread up towards the light. On these flat surfaces, they are super easy to scrap off too.

I'm doing this with some GSP's. so far so good. now i have a bright green lawn in progress on my back glass. i was going to do it with some xenia but they decided to melt on me.

BoomerD

I used to get $8/ frag of my xenia. Each decent size stalk made 1 frag. Don't count the individual heads, work by the number of decent sized stalks...Don't want to get greedy and price yourself out of business before you start!

kyle1284

thanks for the advise everyone! when i saw what he had he had some single heads attached to a rock individually he does not have any stalks?

kyle1284

2.- sell him so much that his stock of Xenia reproduces faster than he can sell it.
Happy Fragging!

Regards,
Dean

if i sell him a single stalk out of the 3 will he just cut each head and frag the stalk i sell him? tahts my main worry when you said that meandean45

meandean45

Like Boomer D said, sell him whole stalks. Most LFS's don't have time to do a lot of fragging, and would rather let you do the hard work for them. Two or three stalks at a time should be about right if it's a small operation, maybe a dozen at a time if he can sell all of them in two weeks. Congrats. and good luck.

Regards,
Dean