got a live one here

Gumby

hey all,

last night, i went to check on my tank at 3am (put in a new overflow and was worried water would be on my carpet) and i saw something realy odd in my tank.

it looked like a brown/orange zoo, but moved quickly under a rock it rotated in a counter clockwise motion as it was darting under the rock as soon as i turned on the lights.

any ideas?

:confused:

Gumby

i'm going to try to get a picture tonight. i can't make any promises though, they (there were 2 of them) are real quick.

ScottT1980

Sounds like something out of Aliens...Are you sure it wasn't just a small feather duster or an anemone?

Did the thing actually swim/crawl or was it stationary? It sounds crazy to me, I can't wait for a picture...

Perhaps these things are responsible for the pod depletion (I say it in jest but hey, you never know)...

Take er easy
Scott T.

Gumby

it crawled (at least that's what it looked like through 3am blurry eyes) in a counter clockwise motion back under the rock.

ReefLady

Staff member
My first thought without a pic would be a medusa worm that was actually inside the rock, sticking out that ugly old mouth.

Without a picture, this is just a wild guess.

Travis

ScottT1980

Originally posted by Travis
My first thought without a pic would be a medusa worm that was actually inside the rock, sticking out that ugly old mouth.

Travis

Thats kind of what I am thinking, or a peanut worm (although they don't look all that much like a polyp)...

Crazy, hopefully you can snap a picture...

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Originally posted by Travis

Travis

I thought this, too. I'll try and find a link to one and you can compare it to what you saw. I thought RL had a pic of one somewhere? RL?

Gumby

update on this thing. i know what rock it is under or in, i just haven't seen it since that night.

little does it know.......i am a very paitent man and i can wait until it shows itself again.