glossary

skeletor121

As I have stated in other posts: I am new to the salt water world of aquariums. Therefore I do not know a lot of the abbreviations you use to describe certain aspects of reefkeeping. Since these are thrown around the forums like crazy (SCWD, AGA, LPS, SPS, etc.) I think it would be beneficial to set up an area where the most commonly used abbreviations are defined. This way newbies like me can have a place to find out the information and not keep searching around for the answers or constantly asking people to explain themselves. I have figured out most of the abbreviations, but would like to see a reference of some sort for when I forget. I think it would also be beneficial to get some definitions down in that glossary as well. Things like protein skimmer, closed loop, and refugium can be defined for the beginners. I have found the information I need about this, but am looking out for my fellow newbies. I think this would be the only site that would have something like this, which would increase the user friendly atmosphere which you guys have set up here. Thank you for setting up the new site. I have found this site to be a little more friendlier with their posts.

Craig Manoukian

Great idea! We are working on it. Lot's of things to prioritize as we get this site up and running. You realize this will take all the fun out of the acronym game. LOL! Keep the suggestions coming!

:) :D ;) :p :cool: :smirk: