Fuzzy dwarf lion breeding

panmanmatt

Ok I have a small dilemma going on here.

I have what I believe is a M/F pair of fuzzy dwarf lions (Dendrochirus brachypterus). This morning I found a gelatinous blob sitting on the rock work. It appears to be an egg mass of some sorts. The lions are the only thing in the tank so I believe it is from them.

Anybody have any info on raising them? Or where I may be able to find any info. All I can find is that they have never been raised in captivity and that the eggs will hatch in 36 hours.

Here is a pic of what I believe is the egg mass.
lions001.jpg

The loving couple.
lions020-1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

panmanmatt

The egg mass has broken up as it is supposed to. They aren't due to hatch until sometime later this evening or tonight.

I transferred the egg mass yesterday to a separate tank so their is no need to try and catch the fry.

I strained a bunch of seawater through the rotifer sieve in hopes that I can concentrate enough plankton to at least get a few to survive. For the first 48 hours post hatch they don't even have a mouth and feed off their egg sack. That will hopefully give me enough time to get a decent amount of plankton into the tank.

panmanmatt

I was never successful at raising the fry and have since lost my female. Once I can track down some more females I will have another go at breeding them.