Freshwater Native BioTope Take

I've been solicited by a local school to help on a freshwater tank project. They were donated a 200g tank with pretty much all the equipment to set it up. It even has a large 1/2 HP chiller.

In an effort to make the project educational for the students, I'm hoping to set up the system as a native biotope of the local aqautic environment ie - rainbow trout, etc.

I Just don't know enough about what the requirments are for fish of that type, having never owned any myself.

Does anyone know what temps would generally be required? 50 degrees - 40 degrees is my guess...

Flow rates in the tank? the system has a 2000gph pump so i'm guessing they ran it around 10 cycles per hour, is this sufficient?

Feeding? I don't have the slightest clue what you would feed trout in a tank... would it be best to start a guppie colony feeder/breeder tank for a living food supply? would they eat frozen foods like brine shrimp?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

i had a couple yellow perch in a tank at one point, it was a smaller tank, but yellow perch are small. I ran 3 or 4 HOB filters, no lights, no heater.

the way i looked at it, the fish produce alot of waste, so we ran a bunch of big filters, but in reality they dont have alot of heat and they can survive under ice.
as for flow i would assume they need a good bit, but not as much as a reef tank.

the coolest thing is when you feed them minnos, they go nuts!

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
You might check the local extension office. They would have a line on local fish hatcheries I bet if they don't know themselves

PEMfish

You might check the local extension office. They would have a line on local fish hatcheries I bet if they don't know themselves

Ah there a good idea. The internet is great for learning stuff too.
What specifically do you have already?