for those looking for just the right tang

Snelly40

wow, that is beautiful, but $300,
do we know which acan it is?
id love to research it, reminds me of the poweder blue which would make me a little nervouse to spend that much but it is amazing looking

Dragon Wrasse

Now I will have to Google it.....wow, I just relized that I google a lot of fish in this hobby....I hope I don't get arrested.

mps9506

Common name ringtail tang I believe?
I was buying those at 4-6" last year from wholesalers for ~$10-$15. I don't think it is that rare of a fish, just not that popular with the collectors. Me thinks someone is making a bit of cash off that specimen.

mps9506

The general public can't get fish from wholesalers with out a license and part of owning a business is finding something that is marketable and chaging for it what they feel the public would be willing to pay especially if it is cool. The fact that people are making money off the livestock we keep is no big suprize to anyone.

If I was just looking for the best bargin for a fish I would go the the lfs and buy what he had come through the doors. The fact that some companies take the time to quarantine the livestock and offer a 15 day guarantee, something I have never gotten from the lfs is worth the extra cash to me.

To many times after a couple of days of buying a fish from the lfs it just died for no apperant reason other than probably cyanide poisoning and when I went back to the lfs he wouldn't give me anything for my loss.

I have run a store for several years and know how mark up works with fish, but to make that much off a usually relatively inexpensive fish is bogus. The reason you don't see them that often is because they grow to nearly 20 inches and collectors and sellers know they can't sell many of them.

As far as your LFS not quarantining fish, that is a bad store that you shouldn't shop from anyways.

chads29

Has been struck by the ban stick
Common name ringtail tang I believe?
I was buying those at 4-6" last year from wholesalers for ~$10-$15. I don't think it is that rare of a fish, just not that popular with the collectors. Me thinks someone is making a bit of cash off that specimen.

If you can get this fish for this wholesale price I will take 25 of them for that price and will drive them to Rhinelander to make some money myself.

i have not heard back from you? can't find them for ~$10-$15?

Last edited: