First Class Service After The Sale...AquaticLife

Alien2100

I thought I'd bring up something you don't always hear about and rarely see. Quality service after a sale, really above and beyond what I would expect.
Last night I noticed my 24" AquaticLife T5 fixture on my 30 gal tank was flickering a bit. I thought great there goes another $40 bucks for new bulbs, and when I'm already spending so much upgrading my main 92 gal. Sure enough today I walk in and the lights were off. The odd thing was both went out at the same time. And the last time something like this happened was on Coralife fixture on my main tank, and that time it was a bad ballast. So I picked up the phone and called AquaticLife since the unit was still under warranty. Informed them of what was going on and they had me do a simple trouble shoot since it was strange that both bulbs were out. After the trouble shoot didn't work. I mentioned having a similar problem in the past with my Coralife fixture and it being a bad ballast. They politely asked if I could maybe try a new set of bulbs and if they still didn't work send it in. I mentioned I was concerned about the time frame of my tank being without light. They again politely asked if they could call me back in 15min, I got a call back in 5min. I was told they were going to send me a brand new fixture and that I should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday :D During the entire process all they wanted to do was get my fixture working and make sure I was happy. I never expected to have a brand new unit sent out. I honestly would have expected to have to send it in and have it repaired, however they went out of there way to make sure my tank and me were very happy. Job well done in my opinion. Until Tuesday or Wednesday I'll use my clip on light, but that's a lot better then the 2 weeks I was expecting to hear.
I posted this in the thought that maybe other's have had extremely positive experiences with companies out there and could give there insight. Kind of a way for new and old people to know who really takes care of there customers after the sale.
Oh, and the person who helped me was John a Rep, and Dave the Owner...
Thanks again...

Uslanja

Re: First Class Service After The Sale...

Hi Alien2100! Sorry to learn about your bad luck, but very pleased to know that AquaticLife stood behind their product!! Tracy and I have done allot of shopping around for lighting and we settled on an AquaticLife fixture as well. It has been a dream fixture and we are extremely happy with it. It's good to know that there is an American company with some good old fashioned customer service!! We are loyal AquaticLife customers now and it pleases us to know that they treated you well! The team at AquaticLife is working hard and it shows!

By the way, we have no connection to the company, just customers enjoying a very good product!

reefman78

i also have an aquatic life T5 fixture...4 bulb unit over a 55, working wonderfully!! awesome to hear the customer support is top notch

lcstorc

I am going to move this thread to the vendor feedback section and add the company to the title so others can find it more easily. I hope you don't mind. If you do, send me a PM and I will put it back.

I have been thinking about buying this fixture.. OTher then the problem you had, would you recommend this? I plan to get the 6 bulb, 36 inch fixture.

Val

I have been thinking about buying this fixture.. OTher then the problem you had, would you recommend this? I plan to get the 6 bulb, 36 inch fixture.

I really like my lights from Aquaticlife. Legs are sturdy and the timer rocks.. I also like that there is only cord for each unit. All of my tanks have Aquaticlife fixtures right now.

Alien2100

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to follow up.
I received my new replacement unit with no problems, and am very happy... It even came with new bulbs :)
I don't mind the tread being moved at all, vendor feedback sounds like a good spot to me.
Oh and yes besides the ballast problem, I've been very happy with the performance of this light, It's a little bigger than some T5 fixtures, but works very well for a reasonable price.