Everything I need to know about crocea clams

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ok I bought my first clam last night and I'm clueless about everything about them.

1. How should I best acclimate them

2. What is the best way of moving them from the acclimation bucket to the tank

3. Where should I place it? High, med or low flow

4. What do I do about feedings?

Thanks, I may be off line for a little once my wife finds out I bought more corals so please keep me in your prayers :)

dmatt88

I've always normally drip acclimated them. Ridding the tank of the other water and replacing with my dt water. I've also heard not to allow them to get to air. So I had to sink the bucket into the dt and pull them out. Others say u can burp them. Id rather b safe than sorry.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

engineer goby

Thanks Matt. A combination of Ambien yours and Marks peer pressure and my addiction had me placing a 3am order with JJ

Builtschic

Could I put a clam in the 55 with any of the fish I'm thinking about getting?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

steved13

PREMIUM
Same as Matt except I didn't want lfs water in my tank so I transferred it quickly and burped it. Burping is turning it 360 degrees in a few directions to make sure there is no air in it.

engineer goby

tnwillia

Hey Rob, you will find in the reading this is a tougher guy than the others, they are not as pretty but they will take a lot more. I'd try to find one at least 3", here is where I got mine. Good luck how ever you go!

engineer goby

Hey Rob, you will find in the reading this is a tougher guy than the others, they are not as pretty but they will take a lot more. I'd try to find one at least 3", here is where I got mine. Good luck how ever you go!

I ordered one from JJ. It says they may bore into the rock I was going to place him halfway up. Is there a danger he could mess up the rock

tnwillia

I doubt it but I had mine on the sand so I can't help there. I assume he's boreing to grab hold for position. Others will jump in on that. Good luck!