Encrusting?

MojosReef

This showed up some time back after I lost a big acro to power outage. I removed the acro and found this behind it. It has now coverd the whole rock and I have been asked many time what it is and I have no idea. If any one know let me know. The pic isnt as good as it looked on the camera. If you need a better pic I will have to wait untill I get back home today. Here is the pic.

BoomerD

When I first saw this thread, I kept wanting to say porites, but knew it was wrong...I have some of this in a greenish color. Pavona it is...

MojosReef

Mine is a greenish color also. Just doesnt show up in that pic. Its kinda cool looking since it was a hitchiker. Does anyone have a like or more infor on pavona?

Last edited:

caja

Pavona prefers strong random currents and bright direct lighting, but do well under less intense lighting also. It's mainly a photosynthetic coral. It can be aggressive since it does form sweeper tentacles once it begins to encrust.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I vote also Pachyserisand maybe even a rugosa Elephant Skin Coral

Pachyseris2.jpg

MojosReef

Thanks everyone, It looks like both of the pic and the link. I will try to get a better pic of it. It reallly looks a lot like that last pic but mine iis a little more green.