Dumb question????

Pro_builder

I have setup my new tank (75 gallon with 40 gallon Sump), put new water in it and live sand. Also put in 86 lbs of LR from an established tank.
When can I put fish in this tank????
the LR was transported in water for 10 min. then put into my tank..... What do ya think?
Thanks in advance.

Maxx

I would say that the tank is ready to go if everything is transferred over from an existing set-up. the liverock wasnt dried out and you shouldnt have any die off, which means no new cycle...you're good to go...
Nick

RanRoc

I'd wait a couple of days and test the water, just in case anything did not survive the change in new water chemistry.
-RY

essmaker

PREMIUM
Considering the new water and new live sand, I would concur with RanRoc and wait a couple days if not a week. Just in case.

Though everything should be good to go as Maxx said.

ReefLady

Staff member
I would wait a few days but feed fairly heavily and look for a spike.

1 or 2 smaller fish should be safe also, the real danger right now would be adding a full load right away.

Travis

Pro_builder

thanks everyone. I was thinking of waiting a 5 days to a week. Just to be sure, just wanted other opinions.
Thanks again

wooddood

the wood dude
if you would have used your old water and some establised sand mixed with the new live sand i would also say your good to go.but if you have your corals & fish in another tank and could keep them there for a few days why not wait a few.better to be safe then sorry.test your params daily,if all is well go for it in a few days.good luck pro.