does anyone know how to frag a finger leather?

finger_leather.jpg

here is a pic of the guy

DrHank

Soft corals are fragged by trimming off branches (with a razor blade). Often they split on their own when they get big enough. As nice as yours looks, personally I'd leave it alone.:snshne:

That is a beautiful Finger Leather. I agree with Senor Hank. You can always fill in those empty spots by making a trip to your LFS. That's my favorite thing to do.

lcstorc

Just cut off a finger with a razor blade and you are good to go. The hardest part is getting the frag to attach to a new rock. You can try to wedge it between 2 rocks or attach it loosely with a rubberband or string. I have also heard of people attaching them with a toothpick.

DrHank

What works the best for attachment is to get a needle and piece of light fishing line. Pierce the stalk and thread the fishing line through the coral. Now gently tie the stalk to the rock you want it to attach to with the fishing line. Place it where you want it in the tank and leave it alone for 2 weeks. After that time check (it should be attached to the rock). Cut the fishing line and gently pull it from the stalk. Mission accomplished. Works great for colt coral too.:snshne:

forestal

rubber bands work great to attach to rock/plug as well as the little plastic cocktail drink swords to skewer and tie/rubberband down until attachment (1-2 weeks)