DIY Aquarium Stand build

Diddly64

Hi.. I have managed to obtain 3 identical 10mm thick glass breeder tanks which are L100cm x W65 x H47. Each one is currently split in two halves by a glass divider. I would really like to remove the centre divide to use one as a display tank and take apart the third to make a sump from the second. My problem is I am unsure how to make a stand to house 2 tanks the same size. Any ideas would be welcome?? Thanks:cool:<br/>

DaveK

Are you talking about a top brace in the center of the tank, or a full divider that runs top to bottom?

It would be helpful if you posted a couple of pictures of what you are working with.

In many cases these dividers are critical to the integrity of the tank and can not be removed. However, if may be possible to drill a divider for using it as a sump.

As for building a stand to hold two tanks the same size, it's really not too hard, just build the stand larger enough to accommodate the tank on the lower level. The top level will be a bit larger and be able to handle the upper tank. You may also wish to build the stand so that the lower tank can easily be removed.