DI Water filtration??????

HowardW

The theory that drinking distilled or 0 TDS RO/DI or otherwise purified water will eventually kill you is nonsense.

mps9506

If you drank nothing but DI water it would do harm to your body, but with everything else you injest it really is not an issue. BUT FWIW RO water taste much better than DI :)

mps9506

I'm curious as to what else is in the water that is not being filtered out, like chlorine. Can you test to see what the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, alk, etc.... levels are?

The systems I've seen installed are prefiltered with a large Carbon filter to remove chemicals before the water touches the DI.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
This is a very complex issue, by law di water must be labeled undrinkable in the workplace, di water will corrode stainless steel, and where is that Boomer fellow when ya need him??

what i can tell you guys this DI water has sure helped clarity of the tank

I like it!!! I like it a lot!!!

i was at a swap today got about a doz. sps frags will post pics of my tank in next few days

HowardW

<<< This is a very complex issue, by law di water must be labeled undrinkable in the workplace, di water will corrode stainless steel >>>

LOLOLOL, so will Diet Coke

<<< You can think its an old wives tale but its been backed up by the lead scientist at the Bio-Tech company that i work for. >>>

Here's an informative thread, and you should read through the whole thing to learn just what hogwash that salesman and those scientists are telling you regarding RO/DI water being unsafe to drink or other nonsense :)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...threadid=182344

Last edited:

zimboy

I've never even been to RC and I don't think i want to ever go there if this is the kind of superior attitude most of the people have there.

Thank you RS for being so friendly

wow this thead is still going

the DI system is great every time i do a water change the water coming out of the aquarium is less yellow that tells me its working to solve many problems ive been facing with the reef

Teardown/rebuild is closer every day for this nightmare reef