Dendrophyllia

damageinc

Just a pic of my dendro's about 30 heads. They are amazingly hard.

I destroyed a huge head once while fragging. I mouted a sliver of the destroyed head and it sprung up with over 3 babies!

dendrocolony.jpg

damageinc

Thanks Travis. Glad to be here. I read on another thread that you helped someone with picking a digital camera.

I'm looking for one now. Do you have a link or a certain thread with info about this topic?

Thanks

Nick

WendyMc

I just got my first dendros a little while back. I am in LOVE with these corals. They are way cool.

Is that pic the colony which grew from the sliver, or is it the colony before the fragging tragedy?

damageinc

WendyMC, I bought the colony with about 20 heads. It has at least 30 heads and I have fragged it a few times already.

rdvab, they need no light. Regular feeding of meaty food (i.e krill) at least every other day is a must.

Nick

brahms

I have a Dendrophyllia - started with 5 heads now has 4 more small ones. My problem is placement. Its glued, I assume, to a small rock, is unbalanced, and I'd like to find a secure spot for him - can I remove him from the small rock? Should I? Also, it may help to take some frags and spread them out but I have never done this - with anything. How does one go about taking frags? I guess I could glue the rock to another.
I've had my tank for about a year and a half. 24 gallon aquapod with 250W MH.
Any specific or general help with placement, gluing, fragging would be great.

Thanks
Jon