Custom Aquarium.com

cracker

Anybody dealt with this company? " Custom Aquariums" They are out of Wisconsin . They use anodized aluminium frames. I assume that means powder coated . I have no experience with these metal frames.
Well I'm shopping for a new tank and was looking for anybody that has a tank from them .Thanks

cracker

Hello, Now I want to know who has a "MarineLand" reef ready aquarium. I never had a fancy drilled with installed overflows.

DaveK

I don't think you have any problems with the Marineland reef ready tank, or any similar tank from any of the other major manufacturers.

The issue comes down to what you want out of the tank. For example, you are not usually going to find a bean animal overflow on a manufactured tank. You also might want a different placement og the return plumbing. You also night have an unusual loacation or application. For example, if your using the tank as a room divider and want to be able to view it through three sides, you may not want a corner overflow blocking the view.

Therapy

I wrote to Custom Aquariums for a quote on a tank I wanted special made. (240 with a glass overflow built on back)Their prices were reasonable and they build on the safe side as far as glass thickness goes. But they are very protective of the business as far as you can forget about answers to the "what would you do" scenario. They must have gotten burned b4. But, I am still on the ropes as far as using them myself. They do not like Euro tank style and will not go "out of the box thinking" for what I want. All in all I must say that I trust their tank build from a design perspective and it is still option number 2 for me.
I am currently going with Reef Creations from Washington state. Mike is willing to bend over backwards and hold your hand on all aspects including my wacky design ideas.
Let me know what you find. I would love to compare thoughts on this.