coral banded shrimp w/ cleaner shrimp

jsgarrido

I was thinking of getting two cleaner shrimps for my tank, I already have a nice size coral banded shrimp in my tank but I keep getting mix reviews for both being together . Has anyone here keep both a skunk cleaner shrimp with a coral banded shrimp together ?and how did it turn out ? Please let me know Thanks

rufus2008

My coral banded shrimp killed my 2 cleaner shrimp the first week after I added him. I had the cleaners first, and added the cbs a year later.

I am just getting back into the hobby. When I had my reef tank years ago, I had a cbs along with a fire shrimp, a couple of cleaner shrimp, and a few peppermint shrimp and had no promplems at all. I had a 90 gallon tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I have 2 red skunk cleaner shrimp that I added at the same time as my coral banded shrimp. The CBS has not killed my cleaner shrimp but I wish I didn't have him. He has whacked off their tentacles once or twice & I think he killed the only peppermint shrimp I had. If I could catch him, the coral banded shrimp in my tank would get a FREE RIDE back to the LFS. :eek:h:

jsgarrido

I guess it all depends on the CBS, but it would be a waste to losses 30$ just to see if it would accept a cleaner shrimp. I guess ill try it once.
Mo Reefing Mo Problems :LOL:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Maybe I just judge all CBS by the way the one in my tank acts. After the lights go out is his "hunting time" and I don't trust him at all. I wish I'd never put him in my tank :( Cleaner shrimp are very active in my tank & fun to watch at feeding time. Hope your CBS is more trusting not to attack than mine. Let us know how it goes.

jsgarrido

Yeah my CBS also gose out at night. i mostly got him because of mi bristle worm population and since then i havent seen any so his doing his Job. Once i get the cleaners ill let you know how it turns out.

frisbee

I've kept a CBS, two cleaners, and a fire shrimp in a 60 gallon breeder before without any problems.

jsgarrido

i just recently bought two cleaners each one was $30 :hammerhea im just hopping my CBS dose not eat them tonight if he dosent i will get a nice fire shrimp. is there a number of shrimp you can have in a 55 gal tank??

jsgarrido

MAN my shrimps are doing great in my new tank , they come out all the time for me to enjoy so i love em. the CBS only scares them allway from his spot but its funny to watch. im thinking of getting more cleaner shrimps how many do you guys think i should get?? :bluesbros: