concept skimmer design help

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
aba_routing1.jpg

Now send me my skimmer!!!:whstlr:

lcstorc

The bank doesn't look at the name for deposits anyway. Only if you ask for cash. LOL
Looks like a great diy job. Gotta remember to ask your advice next time I am doing a project on my tank.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Ever see the show, "How'd They Do That?"- you deserve a prime time slot-kudos to you my man! Detailed drawings are very, very valuable!:lol:-Scott:shades:

boozeman

*silence !!! ....the tension building, growing thick and strong as it electrifies the atmosphere.
gasp !!! ....the skimmer people cling to the edge of their seats as the master guides the plug...they wait..time standing still, frozen in their collective gasp.
...and then a single cry is heard, piercing the air like a bolt of lightning..
It's Alive !!!!! ALIVE!!!!
the crowd roars to life, parents hug their children tightly...lovers embrace as they kiss..the sound growing louder as it ripples through the night!

Dong!!! Dong!! the giant bell atop the tower breaks thru the cacophony of the crowds
..SANCTUARY !!! SANCTUARY!!! ...they cry!!
...the peacefull skimmer people will sleep soundly tonight knowing that their saviour has come*

lgerold

:jumprope: You guys are way funny! Humor and education in one thread!

One day I will have my very talented, very patient, very wonderful hubby make a skimmer for me. I cannot justify spending so darned much on a skimmer...

What cost range for a DIY skimmer for a 210 tank? Hubby's time is "priceless."

Stevenmi

I can see the ad in Marine and Reef Fish now....

"So simple even a Sasquatch Can skim"..."hey, whats that suppose to mean?"

Great job!!

Steve

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
The 2007 line up will be as follows:

The Big Foot... Ideal rating 135+gal. Includes Iwaki MD20RLXT Water Pump

The Yeti... Ideal rating 180+gal. Includes Iwaki MD30RLXT Water Pump

The Sasquatch... Ideal rating 240+gal. Includes Iwaki MD40RLXT Water Pump

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ever wonder where all those dead Marios and Luigis go? seems I got a load of them in the new skimmer, TONS of bubbles but nothing up the pipe, a little too much turbulance,cool more stuff to play with tommorrow!( glad I said Concept and not build lol) Steve

lcstorc

Keep tweaking it. I know you and the skimmer people will get it going great. Then you can start an at home business selling them to all of us. :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Have gone to a more classic body design with my enhanced injectors, waiting for the foam Xfingers. Steve

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Thanks Lynn, your a great support artist!lol. its working now and looks ok, not pumping skimate all over the floor but is making pretty good colour, couple more smacks with the big hammer and all will be well.Steve

boozeman

keep tweeking steve...you've made a heck of an effort!
did you clean the acrylic well to remove the manufacturing oils maybe thats what is causing the bubble collapse?
btw, I would love to see more pics, especially more detailed close-up ones :D

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
keep tweeking steve...you've made a heck of an effort!
did you clean the acrylic well to remove the manufacturing oils maybe thats what is causing the bubble collapse?
btw, I would love to see more pics, especially more detailed close-up ones :D

Yes Boozie I did vinager scrub and a good rinse, however a recent nugget of insight just arrived, as this design is kind of passive, ie. foam must build and climb without assistance from elevated water column, what I saw happening was a nice head develop and grow then get eaten up at the base of the riser. so today I down sized the riser from 4'' to 2'' and now its actually exiting the skimmer, looks nice and wet , will see what colour is like tomorrow. if good Ill take some pics. Thanks everybody for the support, design experiments are rarely fruitfull but way too much fun not to do.Steve