Colt Prop

fishhead

I want to get some cable ties and turn my colt coral into all frags and then trade frags off to lfs (before they too all get nipped too much by my angels). Would you try this? Forsee any problems? I've never fragged anything (on purpose). This would probably be as easy as any hardy leather, should't it? I've had the colt for about 5 yrs and when not being nipped at it opens nicely, but when fish don't get fed lately, they nip at it and it "balls up". What do you think?
Thanks folks

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Eventhough Leathers are very hardy and grow quickly, IME, they are the most difficult to get reattached. Be very patient and expect the frags to shrivel down to a fraction of their original size... this will make it seem almost impossible to keep it attached. Keeping the frags in a container with low-med flow that will allow the frags to stay in contact with the new rock works well. You could try sewing them against a rock or placing the frag in between two rocks.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
woodstock is right but if you put them in a low flow area in a cup of crushed coral or shells they will attach in a week or three not to bad but it does take patients

make sure you use a new razorblabe to cut them or a clean sharp pair of scissors to cut your pieces