cheap RO/DI

andy12265

Anyone know where i could purchase an alright RO/DI filter for a cheap price ??I'm in desperate need of it....

mps9506

You really won't find any decent units for under ~$100-$140. That really covers the price of the filter cartridges and membranes in the unit as opposed to the actual housing, so I don't think you'll find a 3 or 4 stage for much cheaper than that.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
They are not really complex, its just a matter of hooking up a water line and most provide the sink adaptor, or it is inexpensive to get at a hardware store (I guess they are home improvement stores now, I'm showing my age) Check these out: http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm , A little more money than EBAY but offer better quality and clear filter housings so you can check on the filters easier. They are also pretty much plug and play with no need to buy any additional parts.

Scouter Steve

They are not really complex, its just a matter of hooking up a water line and most provide the sink adaptor, or it is inexpensive to get at a hardware store (I guess they are home improvement stores now, I'm showing my age) Check these out: http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm , A little more money than EBAY but offer better quality and clear filter housings so you can check on the filters easier. They are also pretty much plug and play with no need to buy any additional parts.

I definitely second the filterguys. As it goes in this hobby if you go cheap...you get cheap and do it again. Get it right the first time. I went cheap on my first RO/DI and now I did it right with the filter guys. Call them, they work you up exactly what you need as each of us has different needs.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I can vouch for the Filter Guys... good equipment at a good price and top-notch service. :thumbup:

andy12265

Here are some of the add ons that you can buy....any suggestion of to which i should need???

ADD ONS:
PRESSURE GAUGE KIT - $12
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE - $10
RO BYPASS VALVE - $12
DUAL TDS METER - $35
DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING
AUTO SHUT-OFF - $8
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL (NO CHARGE)

PhilOlsen

It really depends on how you have it hooked up, I would get the pressure guage for sure, the flush valve is handy but not needed, I would not bother with the bypass valve, the rest depends on wether you are going to use as auto top off or just making it and carrying it to the tank.

andy12265

i would most likely use the making it and carrying it to the tank because i am running out of open outlets with all these filters!!!!!

PhilOlsen

Then you dont need the auto shut off at all, and I would not upgrade to 100GPD unless you need over 75 gal per day to do the changes.

Nanoreefbro

It really depends on how you have it hooked up, I would get the pressure guage for sure, the flush valve is handy but not needed, I would not bother with the bypass valve, the rest depends on wether you are going to use as auto top off or just making it and carrying it to the tank.

What if you are going to use it for top off and making water for your tank??