carpet anemone, red rose anemone, bubble anemone, red base anemone

milk

Hi there,

Recently i just purchase a HQI metal halide 150W for my 50 gallon tank. All my anemone doesnt seem working well tho.Is the changes too sudden ? My water parameter is 9dkh, Calcium is 420ppm, salinity 1.020, nitrate 5ppm, phosphate not measure yet. my tank height is 20 inch tall, 30 inch length, 15 inch depth.

Help needed.

Thanks

Phyxius

Depending on the light you used to have and then going to a HQI it may in shock from all the new intense light. Its best whenever changing lights to something stronger to either screen the top of the tank or raise the lights higher for a bit with shorter duration for awhile. Once they adjust a little you can slowly remove screen, lower lights and increase light period over the next few weeks.
If is a full reef you may want to get salinity up to 1.025 area and get nitrates down if possible. How long has the tank been set up??

milk

Depending on the light you used to have and then going to a HQI it may in shock from all the new intense light. Its best whenever changing lights to something stronger to either screen the top of the tank or raise the lights higher for a bit with shorter duration for awhile. Once they adjust a little you can slowly remove screen, lower lights and increase light period over the next few weeks.
If is a full reef you may want to get salinity up to 1.025 area and get nitrates down if possible. How long has the tank been set up??
Thanks for the reply, My tank is 1 year old, i changed my tank water till 80% because im having a high nitrate . i newly added a Crystal clear sea water which is been filter