can a fish die simply by pointing at it

• yes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • no

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Its been 7 days now the wrasse has gone, after a guest to be polite has pointed full arm lenght at my nice solon wrasse who panicked and when nuts and hit every rock on its way to her hidding place. So my question his; can a fish die from someone simply pointing at hit? Yes or no !Thats all i'm asking

seafansar

Some fish are really sensitive to movement and very spooky. I had a wrasse jump and later die, unfortunately, because I scared it. I didn't know it had jumped, it did it so quick. Also I've read of a powder blue tang looking like it had a heart attack and dying from a guy doing his regular tank cleaning/ algae scraping.
As for your fish, hasn't it gone missing before?! My best guess is that it's still a little freaked out and hiding. Those wrasses are pretty sensitive. I lost mine during my move. It was the only fish I lost and I can only blame it on stress. But with your fish's track record, I think it's just hiding.
I hope it shows up soon!

Basile

Some fish are really sensitive to movement and very spooky. I had a wrasse jump and later die, unfortunately, because I scared it. I didn't know it had jumped, it did it so quick. Also I've read of a powder blue tang looking like it had a heart attack and dying from a guy doing his regular tank cleaning/ algae scraping.
As for your fish, hasn't it gone missing before?! My best guess is that it's still a little freaked out and hiding. Those wrasses are pretty sensitive. I lost mine during my move. It was the only fish I lost and I can only blame it on stress. But with your fish's track record, I think it's just hiding.
I hope it shows up soon!

Thanks, i hope so too. I'll wait next week before replacing it , don't want to do that and then suddently ....tada.....coming back from the dead.. lol