Blue tang with I think flukes

I hVe a very small blue tang it's like maybe an inch and it's had these cotton like balls on it. They are in three spots of him all on the mid section if his body. I just got him yesterday and he had one but I thought it was a stress spot. He's in a 29 gallon reef tank with 2 clownfish, 3 spotted cardinals, and a scooter blenny. I can't quarantine because that tank cracked and I will have to get one soon but what can I do to trea it in my tank. I do have invertebrates, I have a urchin, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a emerald crab and some hermit crabs.

reefer gladness

Take back to the LFS. Your tank is overstocked and you have nowhere near enough room to support a tang.

Tang in a small tank = stressed tang
Stressed tang = tang with marine ich

Mike Johnson

You are describing Lymphocyctis virus. I have to agree that your tank is already overstocked even without the tang.

There's no cure for Lymphocyctis virus other than feeding high quality food and having very clean water. If you do those two things it should clear up on its own. While it is contagious, it is actually hard to transmit to the other fish unless the water quality is poor and the other fish are also malnourished.

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html

DaveK

As pointed out by the others, return the fish. I know that's not what you want to here, but that's what's got to be done.

If you are going to treat the fish, you need a quarantine tank. There simply are no effective remedies for fish diseases that you can use in the main display tank, despite what the LFS says, and what others may tell you, and want it might say on the product itself. I know you don't want to hear that either.

I'm not trying to be nasty or harsh, but that's the way it is.

I looked a titans it's not the lymphocytis virus it looks like flukes from everything I've looked at but I'm going to be getting a bigger tank soon