Blue Spot Jawfish with mandarin and anemone

mattdean

Blue Spot Jawfish with mandarin and anemone

I have a great BSJ. I want to get a Mandarin Dragonet and a long tentacle anemone for my clowns. Will he be ok with both, or either of these?

I want to make sure I am not unwisely endangering him.

Thanks!

I currently have a BSJF, Green Mandarin and Green BTA without issues. The Mandarin and Diamond Goby always go in his hole with him and he doesn't seem to care. Never goes near the BTA, but its high in the tank.

Hope it helps, -JOHN

mattdean

Thanks John,

That is encouraging. The Mandarin is the fish i wanted most - next to the blue spot. I wasn't going to get an anemone. but my clowns seemed SO happy when they were hosting my hammer - which is gone now.

Cheers

Slickcg33

If i were you i wouldn't get a sand dwelling anemone, which an LTA is. I would opt for something more like a BTA.

mattdean

OK, I'm not very knowledgeable of the different characteristics of the different anemones. So, the BTA is better? I can put it on the rocks somewhere and HOPE it likes it there and doesn't end up on the glass or sitting on top of another coral - or the jawfish?

Is it as likely to host clowns as the LTA? I absolutely don't want a carpet, but the BTA is nice as well.

mlags62

I have a mandarin and BTA with my bsjf and there are no problems. My mandarin swims in his holes from time to time with out a problem.

mattdean

Excellent! I am getting an Orange Bubble Tip anemone tomorrow. It will be a while before I get the Mandarin, but very much looking forward to the combination.

thanks for the input.

mattdean

OK! Here's "Spot"

spot.jpg

spot3.jpg

spot2.jpg

spot4.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality. Here's the tank as it sits now. MMy old tank crashed and I lost all my corals, so I am just starting to get some into the new tank. It's a peninsula, so here's the two sides....

tv-room-side.jpg

studio-side.jpg

mattdean

I couldn't pick it up tonight. Got caught up in business. I will pick it up tomorrow night and try to get a pic or two the next day.

I promise.......:willis: