Blue Legged Hermit Collective

mikecc

Why do my crabs have little meetings where they group up for a bit, then scatter? Should I be worried? Do I need to sleep with one eye open? I think it is pretty weird.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Mine do the same thing. They gather, call the roll, go through the agenda, pass some resolutions about algae control and anti-coral picking and off they go.

lbiminiblue

Why do my crabs have little meetings where they group up for a bit, then scatter? Should I be worried? Do I need to sleep with one eye open? I think it is pretty weird.

most likely staging a crustacean rebellion. Keep an eye out, and you may want to hire an inside man/ double agent hermit crab. Try bribing him with some extra krill. Sleep with one eye open, man.

Steve L

I think my hermits have an old empty shell they hide a mini-kegger in, and they all gather around it a couple times a week for a party, or to celebrate when something dies that they can all eat.

lbiminiblue

I think my hermits have an old empty shell they hide a mini-kegger in, and they all gather around it a couple times a week for a party, or to celebrate when something dies that they can all eat.
Maybe dead fish has something that gets hermit crabs smashed o-o

Draco

lol, I had to laugh because I found mine doing the same. I also find one snail always following the other everywhere.