black clowns???

revhard05

my local fish store "the bramuta triangle" has a pair of black clowns for 120 i was wondering about how much a pair cost? do they need a anomone to breed? they both look like they are 1.5" long so their maybe how old and is there like a certain age that they reach maturity??

panmanmatt

Yup, but when you start going from wholesaler to wholesaler to LFS across the country, everybody has to mark it up in order to make a profit. By the time it gets over here, the price has already gone up by at least 400%.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Vicki & I are number 2 in line with our distributer them Us & then you so the pricing is far less & the quality is far better. Less hands less issues

panmanmatt

Vicki & I are number 2 in line with our distributer them Us & then you so the pricing is far less & the quality is far better. Less hands less issues

I agree 100%. I'll give you a holler when I am ready for some new critters.

flricordia

I just did a post about Black percs before I saw this one. The ones I saw are tank raised @ $50 each. Is that what you are seeing? Black tank-raised percs?

lcstorc

my local fish store "the bramuta triangle" has a pair of black clowns for 120 i was wondering about how much a pair cost? do they need a anomone to breed? they both look like they are 1.5" long so their maybe how old and is there like a certain age that they reach maturity??

Are they sure it is a pair? Usually with clowns the female is quite a bit larger than the male.

Intranick

Yeah I could see an LFS throwing two fish together, if they swim close they must be a pair!.. I did see a pair of pink skunk clowns for sale at my LFS yesterday, but my tank is nowhere NEAR ready for that. They wern't being sold as a pair, but they were doing their little shaky thing that I understand is almost a courtship of sorts, at least thats what I read

kathywithbirds

My BW saddlebacks were about $20 each. tank raised, both. But I got them separately and haven't put them together yet. The baby's still too small.