BigReepher's new75

BigReepher

I finally got my 75 gallon tank up and running. It's been sooooo long in the making. I've spent over a year and a half just reading and tryin my luck with hardy corals such as zoos and GSPs in a 20g. I mean I did a ton of reading and also asked a few questions in the planning process of this 75. I ran a new electrical line to my bedroom, installed 2 GFCI's, ran the RO/DI supply and waste water lines from Aquasafe 75gad RO/DI unit the through the wall and into the bathroom plumbing. I built a DIY stand because the original just wasn't sturdy enough IMO. I had the tank drilled locally, built a DIY overflow, and plumbed it all up. I'm using a 20g as a sump, a GenX 4100 plumbed up to a SCWD as my return, two titanium 250W heaters to keep things warm, and a TurboFlotor1000 w/Sedra 3500 for filtration. I ditched my CLS plan because of noise issues, and will use a few powerheads instead. I also purchased and cut to fit, a piece of 1in Starboard. I'll be using 2 150W HQI Icecap ballast and Icecap 10K HQI bulbs inside of Reef Optix III reflectors for my lighting. I'll be using a drip of kalkwasser water to top off. I'll be keeping mostly SPS's and a few zoos with 2-4 fish. Shew that was alot of rambling right there. Anyhow here is a picture of the tank with everything except the drip and skimmer running. I still have to hang the lights, add the trim to the stand,buy about 50 more lbs. of LR (I have 35lbs.) and figure out a few other last minute details. Oh and the Mag12 is keeping the starboard from floating for now.

Attachments

• newtank1.jpg
    newtank1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

wooddood

the wood dude
:D sounds like you did your reshearch real good nate, i comend ya for that ;) also glad to see you used starboard as a substraight i think you'll like it, i do mine. anyway its lookin great so far. cant wait to see the project evolve into an awesome looking reef. congrats.;)

dave.:yup: :wave: :clink:

wooddood

the wood dude
starboard is a plastic material simular to a cutting board material, it covers the bottom of the tank to help dissperse the rockwork weight and to protect the glass in the event of of a rock slide. hope this helps ya some.

dave.;)

BigReepher

I added 60lbs of LR, hung the lights and have been getting some sick skimate from the skimmer. I still have to add the trim to the stand, add the 35lbs of LR from the 20g, and get my kalk drip going. The humidity in the bedroom is another thing that needs to be addressed. The LR was cherry picked over the course of a week and I'm very pleased with my choices of pieces. The piece on the right is 29lbs, the piece on the left weighs 20 lbs. The smaller pieces in the middle weigh 5 and 6lbs. This is a pic of what the tank looks like from my bed.

Attachments

• newtank10-21.jpg
    newtank10-21.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 79

Maxx

Thanks! Been a great one!
What are you planning on keeping in this tank?
Nick

BigReepher

It's been way toooo long since I've updated this. Here are just a few of the many corals that I've added. Unfortunately my camera doesn't do the corals justice. No fish for me, just corals.

Attachments

• IndoAcro.jpg
    IndoAcro.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 59
  • SomeZos.jpg
    SomeZos.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 58
  • GreenMilli.jpg
    GreenMilli.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Greenpolyp.jpg
    Greenpolyp.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 58
  • Efflo.jpg
    Efflo.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58

BigReepher

Here are 2 long over due full tank shots. I'm still not totally happy with the aquascaping, three of my pieces of LR are just too large. It still looks like a frag tank to me but it's comin along. I'm also wanting to go to a DSB instead of the BB, I'll save that for another post.

Attachments

• 3-05fulltank.jpg
    3-05fulltank.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 3-05fulltank2.jpg
    3-05fulltank2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 34

Gina

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing the full tank shots! The frags will grow before you know it!!
Welcome back to the DSB!