Best Way to Adjust pH up or down

eric w

Hi all,

Just trying to find out what people use to raise and lower ph. I know you can use baking soda....just wanted to see if there were any good products on the market that people use. Thanks

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi all,

Just trying to find out what people use to raise and lower ph. I know you can use baking soda....just wanted to see if there were any good products on the market that people use. Thanks
best answer is we don't, there will be a reason for low or high ph, ph is not something to be forced, find the problem and solve it, 99% of ph issues are air related, the 1% is total filth acidifying the water.
PH fluctuates throughout a 24 hr period, lowest when lights are out, if your having what you think is a problem please expand a bit and we will help you correct it.

lbiminiblue

Hi all,

I use reef buffer, i'll tell you the brand

eric w

Thanks going to get my first fish in a couple days...and reading lees sticky...and says to to adjust ph before the FW bath...and just want to be able to do so when the time comes..

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Boy if ur anything its too the T dude.

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.

lcstorc

Ahh, understanding the root of the question makes the answer quite different. For a quick ph adjustment IE a dip, QT, or hospital tank, a buffer is going to be your best shot.
To maintain proper ph in your tank requires a bit more reading and testing, though Sas's comment about oxygen being the most frequent problem there can be others. Here are a couple of really good articles about the issue for any who are interested.
Chemistry And The Aquarium: Solutions To pH Problems — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
The