Bad transaction with Reefin 101

I will give this guy a chance to due right by me if not I will go into detail about my experience with him. BUT BEWARE. I do expect for him to try and bash me

reefin101

Trade details we worked out:
My:
Strawberry shortcake ~3" multi branch
Pearlberry 2" multi branch guy
Blue Slimer 2"
Glowstick 1.5"
Prostrata 1.5
Bam Bam ~20
Gob Stoppers 2-3
Jokers ~10
Rainbow Raptors 2-3
Rasta ~ 4
Red hornets ~ 4
Tubs Blues ~3
whammin watermelon ~20p
radioactive dragon eyes ~20p
green bay packers ~10p
agent orange ~10p
some electric green palys
And I pay shipping for both of us....

For your:
Purple Passion 3"
Silver Buller 3"
Red Dragon 1"
Becker Tort 1.5"
Purple Monster 1.5"
The orenji
Bazooka Joe
tyree watermellon
Miami hurrincane
bubble gum monster

We both went to ship ship the packages on Thursday. About 2 hrs after I dropped of my package and got home after eating and cleaning my fish room, I realized I left the prostra out of the box. I sent an email right then notifying him of the situation and said after the packages arrive and all I would have to compensate for leaving out the frag.....

Well i received my package and all arrived fine just smaller than told. as you can see from the pics the sizes noted are smaller than told and the others were tiny. I sent him the pic below showing this and stated this and said at the end of the day I can live with it as it was a trade and we never exchanged money. It is what it was since we didn't do WYSIWYG....

Shortly after he began stating that he measured them before he sent them and they were the right size....well they didn't shrink during transit....
Then after 11am when his package hadn't arrived he protested that I should have shipped his package by 10:30. we never discussed that nor was I made aware he had to have it before 10:30. Again all we discussed was that I pay for overnight shipping on both ends. I packaged accordingly for the weather and time in transit.

When he did receive package, he said all was fine except the tubbs blue looked melted? Have yet to ever see a pic or a pic in bag or a DOA or anything....

Again here what was told and what I actually received: as can be seen from pic below.
Purple Passion 3" ----2" at most
Silver Buller 3" ----2" at most
Red Dragon 1"-----1/2 at best
Becker Tort 1.5"-----1"
Purple Monster 1.5"----1" at best...
The orenji
Bazooka Joe
tyree watermellon
Miami hurrincane
bubble gum monster

after that evening he presented his disappointment with me shipping regular overnight and missing frag. I said given that the frags I was to get were way smaller than told I was leaving the trade as is. or if he preferred I was happy to return his package and vice versa.....

Never heard back other than this......

So this is were we are.....
I will keep trade as is or we BOTH can return the others corals....

Frags and his 1 5/8" modreef frag plug for size comparison:
74190576-a380-4d2b-a49b-d927d109e227_zps13c8810e.jpg

Pic of plug measured: 1 5/8"
IMAG2427_zps75eadb9e.jpg

ReefingFun

Would suggest you both just work it out over the phone or mail. Coming to a public forum with this is always risky, as non of us are capable of assisting at all. The only thing some will sadly do is judge, without too much proof I might add.
Sadly enough this is a "trade gone wrong" and this happens often. I don't think either of you are too blame, but perhaps a form of miss-communication is the devil here.

If I might give a small tip. Always ask pictures of the frags + an object next to it for size comparison. That way you atleast know he/she has frags of mentioned size and how they look like. If they decide to send others anyway, you have valid proof in a mail with pics.

Hope you both can work things out. Good luck!

I agree reefingfun but this guys knows he did me wrong by not sending all the corals. Not going to sweat it anymore and Im not going to support his business that he claims he does not run. Yes this was verfied by 2 guys in his area on his forums.

Reefin101 not worth sending the corals back most sps has RTN so its all good my friend good luck with your business.

jerry26

Well its not good he forgot to put a coral in the box but its worse that he was sent several corals that were smaller than he was told since it was done before he was made aware of reefins package being short. The way i see it, he shouldnt have to get comparison photos. I personally am for the posting of the transaction results. Without reviews we would have no idea which vendors are trustworthy. At least by posting here, he can defend himself.