Arrow Crab

75reef

Anybody have any experiences with arrow crabs? I got one last night and the more I read about them now I am woried about him possibly eating the small cleaner gobies or picking at the mushrroms or polyps. Is this really a concern or should he leave all that stuff alone?

michael_cb_125

I have one in my SPS tank. I also have Zoos and some ricordeas and LPS. He never has bothered anything. He will crawl up my hand to eat. I really like him he does a good job scavenging.

Anselth

I have no personal experience, but have heard they can get quite large, and then become terrors in the tank.

michael_cb_125

Mine was about 2 inches when I first got him. Now he is about 5. He is a good crab, and I hate crabs. I stays in his cave and only bother the food I give him, I have even seen him eat some bristle worms.

75reef

thats cool. I just wanted to make sure I didn't make a foolish descision getting him. I have really grown to have an interest in those although I am also not a big crab fan either. This one right now might be about 2 1/2 - 3" in diameter obviously including the legs.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I have had them in many tanks & never had any issues you just cant have mutilples in the same tank they will tear each other apart

75reef

I definitely don't want him eating the hermit crabs... I guess I will see how it goes. The arrow crab is pretty darn interesting though. Thanks for all the input guys!