Aqueon Evolve 8 or Fluval Spec V for Coral/Invert QT

jimv

I am looking to set up a Nano to QT my Coral and Invert's for 8 weeks before I put them in my display tank. I will keep this running running afterwords as a display. I am looking at the Aqueon Evovle 8 and the Fluval Spec V. Any thoughts on these two tanks? Does one of these have advantages over the other? I can pick both up for $70.

I was thinking of upgrading the light with a BeamsWork.

DaveK

When your talking about a QT tank, it's best to just get a bare tank, a heater, minimal lighting, simple filtration like sponge filters or a hang on tank filter and if it's for fish, some plastic décor. Them do your quarantine.

Now if you want a nano display tank, then get one of the ones your looking at.

Keep in mind that your always going to get getting something new that you need to quarantine, so you are better off having it on hand. If you tie it up as a display tank, it's not going to be available. Also, at times you may need to medicate, even if it's corals. Keep that isolated from your display tanks.

jimv

When your talking about a QT tank, it's best to just get a bare tank, a heater, minimal lighting, simple filtration like sponge filters or a hang on tank filter and if it's for fish, some plastic décor. Them do your quarantine.

Now if you want a nano display tank, then get one of the ones your looking at.

Keep in mind that your always going to get getting something new that you need to quarantine, so you are better off having it on hand. If you tie it up as a display tank, it's not going to be available. Also, at times you may need to medicate, even if it's corals. Keep that isolated from your display tanks.

I have a bare bottom 25 gallon glass tank I am using for a QT for fish but I have used copper medication in it to treat for ich. This tank is going to sit on the kitchen counter so I want it to look half decent while the coral is waiting to be moved to the main display tank. I think I'm leaning to the Evolve because of the extra size.