Aquariums For You

PIMPALA

this thread is over 3 years old bro. and thats not what a Ponzi scheme is. not even close.

steved13

PREMIUM
Posted 5/24/08
Did you know that they just filled for bankruptcy and there are a LOT of people who have lost their deposits? I called them for a quote about 5 weeks ago, John (the owner) kept calling 3 times a week and sending emails almost everyday saying that if I send in a deposit now, he'd give me an additional 10% off, things like that.

They were outrageously priced IMO. Glad I DIDN'T go with them!

Posted 5/25/08
Here's an email i got from Tenacor today,

Tenecor Aquariums regrets that “Aquariums For You” has closed its doors permanently after 16 years of making high quality glass and acrylic aquariums. The owners, management, and staff of “Aquariums For You” are unfortunate victims of a slowed economy burdened with ever increasing resource costs. Be assured that this team worked with the greatest effort, but could not avoid what befell them.

Tenecor is working in tandem, but as separate entities, with the former management of “Aquariums For You” in an attempt to facilitate the resolution of past and current issues to the extent that they can realistically be remediated.

Tenecor is also offering specialized one time discounts and financing plans to both mitigate any loses and to facilitating the prompt fulfillment of past, current, and future orders.

This is a difficult time for all involved and adversely affected. Tenecor and “Aquariums For You” truly love this industry and, despite the situation, will try to do whatever we can to work with everyone to get through it in an organized and efficient manner.

Customers can contact Tenecor with any questions, issues, and requests.

Tenecor, Inc. 800-826-5420

Posted 12/05/11

I was an employee hired by Tenecor to manage their sales and was notified before I even received my first check that they were going belly up. I left a decent paying job to help Bill Miceli (owner) build his business and now find myself unemployed only three weeks after joining Tenecor in a difficult economy and was evicted from my home as a result this past weekend. He never indicated things were in bad shape and while he was only days away from being bankrupt and the landlord had padlocked the factory, he continued to take deposits on large tank orders. By my way of thinking, this was nothing short of stealing and Bill ought to be prosecuted. He would take your tank order, tell you it would take six to 12 weeks, require a 70% deposit, use that money to pay his bills and then hope he had enough sales/deposits in 12 weeks to start building your tank. Classic Ponzie scheme!!!! He's a liar and a thief...having stolen thousands of dollars from his customers and dealers...the very people that kept him afloat. I can't help but wonder what the dealer who took the deposit from his customer and paid Tenecor to start the tank, will do. A $10,000.00 tank required a $7,000.00 deposit. How does a small aquarium/pet store business man or woman make good on that to their customer? I pray none of them are forced to go bankrupt themselves.

And worse...his employees believed in him and now all are out of work during the holidays.

Check out those dates. This doesn't add up.

catran

Uh, I swear that I saw that exact post somewhere else. I'm on 5 forums (99% here), and I believe someone is really po'd at this guy and trying to get back at him. I saw this months ago. Why repost this exactly the same thing?
I agree with Steve- something's hinky here!

corey

Are you still happy with your Tenecor? Mine is 5y/o and I just got finished draining it because it was about to explode. Fortunately I saw the hundreds of tiny fractures in the back of the tank in time.