Aqua Vim Aquariums

theplantman

I am curious to know if anyone here has any experience ordering tanks from Aqua Vim aquariums in NYC. If so, I am looking for the following info:
1. How was their customer service?
2. Did you go with their trademark glass or starphire?
3. If it was their Aquavim Glass, how do you like it?

Thanks for any input you may be able to provide.

Mike

DaveK

I can't tell you much more than what you can read on their web site. I did notice a few things about the company. They seem to be geared to selling to places such as restaurants, bars, and other places that want large designer look aquariums. This almost always means that a system from them is going to be very expensive.

I also noticed that many of the tanks are high. This can make it really tough to do maintenance on the tank.

Perhaps a better question might be, what are you trying to do with such a tank? As with most aquarium systems, the first consideration should be what live stock do you want to keep?

theplantman

Dave,
Thanks for the response, i am located in the DC area and while i am starting up my old Solana cube i am working out the details for a new build i want to do. I am putting the Solana at the girlfriends place for her and her kids to enjoy and i want to step up and try my hand at a larger mixed SPS,LPS and softie tank. Needless to say, finding the right tank locally has been a challenge because i would really like a clearer glass than the typical all glass tank. I have looked into Cad Lights 100 but the nearest dealer is NYC and also looked at Clear Diamond, but their response on a quote has been slow, 3 weeks waiting. Aqua Vim is also in New York and they have a 105gl tank that is 40x24x25 that would work well, i don't want to go deeper than 25" their tank and a very nice real wood stand would be around 1600 and their trademark glass might do the trick. I want to do the following equipment Tunze 9410 skimmer, tunze silence? electronic return pump, two tunze 6055 stream pumps and all pumps operating off their multicontroller then also a tunze calcium reactor plant and ph controller and last for their equipment, a universal osmolator unit. For lighting i will most likely go with 2 or even three maxspect mazarra p controlled led lights and the fuge an eshopps r200. I hope this helps you see where i am headed with this build. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.