Api

thakidjoe

Well I am writing this because I had one bad experience with API (mars ). Let's see first I'm not saying that they are bad yet but will see what happens. I bought an API master water test kit. Used it for about 4 months and I kept getting a bad Nitrate reading, very hi over 80ppm. So I went to my local store to get my water check and it was at about 40ppm he used and identical one as I have and another brand and they where both close to the same reading. He then advised me to call API. Well the person who answered the phone tried to make me feel like a dumb dumb. He tried to tell me that Not all tests are the same and that I did not know how to use ect. ect. After a few minutes he just told me to send the test to him and they would take a look at it. I send the test on the 5th of Dec. 3 weeks later I called and the same person answered the phone. He stated that he got the box and that he was sending it back to me. About no, another 3 weeks pass and nothing so I call again And the same person tell me that he has not send it out because he did not have anything to send to me. I asked his what was wrong with the kit he said nothing and that he would just send a new one to me. I then wrote a similar letter like this on their Facebook page and got an instant reply. That they would look into it asap. I deleted the post. On about the 20-22 Jan I got a box from them it had a brand new test kit, 2 heaters rated at 100gal's, cooper test kit, stress zyme, quick start, calcium test kit. Like I mentioned before this is the first time I have a problem like this I hope that something like this don't happen again. I hope I did not bore you with this.

DaveK

I've had similar problems with API test kits over the years. IMO they just are not very good. Oddly enough, I do seem to recall that one of the problems was with a nitrate test kit, but I could be wrong.

Best thing to do is to cut your losses and get new test kits from Sailfret or SeaChem, or if you want to spend the money, the lab grade test kits from LaMotte or Hach.

Mike Johnson

A brand new test kit and a bunch of other goodies for free. The moral of this story is, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."