Anyone have any idea what these are?

woolfe

Hello all. I came home from work tonight to find this huge cluster of what appears to be some type of eggs atteached to my yellow star polyp colony. I shut off two power heads to take the pictures and the polyps closed. Before that all the polyps were fully open. In my tank I have a hippo tang, an orange shoulder tang, two cardinals, a scooter blenny, a pair of clowns (percula, I know they don't belong to them because they have a clutch their tending as I type. =o)), three green chromis, a six line wrasse, a skunk/cleaner shrimp (she did have a belly full of eggs when I got her last week.), a sally lightfoot crab, and various snails and hermit crabs.

Sorry the pics are so small. If anyone thinks they might know what they are I can post them on my flicker acct....

Attachments

• phpLWZHwZPM.jpg
    phpLWZHwZPM.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
  • phpKiak79PM.jpg
    phpKiak79PM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 85
  • phpWul6oaPM.jpg
    phpWul6oaPM.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 84
  • phpyi2etJPM.jpg
    phpyi2etJPM.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 84
  • phpuJCSDsPM.jpg
    phpuJCSDsPM.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

seafansar

The pics are a little small, but they look like coral eggs to me. One of my corals, I think it was my gorgonia, released eggs like that a long time ago. Pretty cool!

woolfe

Whoa! Corals that lay eggs???? That's one I've never heard of before. Here's a slightly better pic. I hope.....

Attachments

• eggs3.jpg
    eggs3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 61

woolfe

A few more, now that I remembered how to resize the pics so you can see them. :dunce:

Wow! Don't I feel like an oaf! LOL I just watched a few videos about corals spawning... Amazing, I'm pretty sure that's what happened in my tank too.

Attachments

• eggs1.jpg
    eggs1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 60
  • eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 61
  • eggs4.jpg
    eggs4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 60
  • eggs5.jpg
    eggs5.jpg