Almost made a big mistake

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well went to the lfs because this is when they get new shipments then all of a sudden I saw a fish I've wanted to get for a long time a Potter's angel:white: . It was such a beautiful specimen I actually had to walk out of the lfs just to calm down and think about it. And finally logic set in I calmed down and decided it was best not to get it. They are difficult to keep because they have a tough time adjusting to captivity. I was going to have to trade my flame angel because my tank is just too small to keep more than one, and the lfs will not hold the fish for ya since he had just arrived it would have been too much stress:(
So the moral to the story is don't buy on impulse and don't let emotion get the best of ya or you could set yourself up for alot of aggravation:grr:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
no scooterman they would not keep it:(, they sell as soon as they get it, this lfs is not one I would recommend but they do get some great specimens that you normally don't see wether it's fish or corals :rolleyes:

Maxx

Potters are pretty tough to keep. They eat sponges in the wild and have a difficult time adjusting diets. I used to work @ LFS in Hawaii as a kid. I could not begin to tell you how many Potters I saw, since the store housed approx one million gallons of salt water...no joke. Occasionally I would find one that ate live brine shrimp...but not nearly often enough to count on....I think you made the right decision, as excruciatingly tough as it was....
Nick