Alien Abudction.....Not

Jason25

So over the past 2 weeks I have noticed my snail population decreasing and my brown algae increasing. Checked my water parameters and all appeared well so I was a bit confused. Well last night about an hour after my moonlights came on I went in to take a look at things and saw my banded serpent star wrapped around a snail shell. I watched fr awhile to see what was going on and noticed the little guy was turning the shell over to get to the snail. So I started looking harder in the tank and found quite a few emtoy shell as well as my water really smelling foul. So some water changes are in order this weekend. I got the dead and some of the empty shells out. I also noticed that the littleguy must have been munching on my hermits too. He is alot like my puppy, I turn my back and all of a sudden something is in her mouth.

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
sometimes those guys can get a hefty appetite....i have seen them eat snails before....

lcstorc

Hmm. Never notices my orange one doing that. Maybe I should check more closely at night. That is when he usually comes out in the open.

i was about to post a thread on the same thing, because my serpent star is toying with my red hermit. and for the snails i always blamed the hermits for that. poor crabs getting their good nature tarnished by other dastardly characters. take that crabs are evil society! :guns: :away: