Advise for Hospital tank/ Cupramine

Hi
I have dosed my 4 remaining fish, Valentino toby, 2x clowns & a damsel in my hospital tank with Cupramine, they have had the 14 day treatment and I tested and checked the level was at 0.5 for the duration. The fish have got no visible white spot but the Toby and clowns are still flashing at times.

Can I get some advise on how to proceed now?

I have added carbon and poly filter and a 75% WC to give them a break from the copper as the 14 days were up.
But what is the correct course of action from this point?
Can I re-treat if necessary? or shall I observe and keep in HT?

I am currently setting up a new tank for them to go into so can start adding them if their ok in a few weeks, but I do not want to contaminate my new tank with WS!!

Many Thanks

Lisa

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi Lisa, congrats on step 1!

Next you'll leave them in the hospital tank for a minimum of 2 weeks for observation. Remove the copper, run heavy carbon and do water changes. Get them fed and fatten up and if they look good (daily observation) you should be good. Question though, are they going back in the DT? If so has it run fallow for 8 weeks to kill the ick in it?

GL!

Hi thanks for reply

Ive set up a new tank, so will add them one or two at a time, if they look ok in a few weeks when its finished cycling.
if they do still shown signs of ich can i retreat them?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yep you can retreat them.

The new setup is great - is it completely new as in all new sand and rocks?

Hi yes new rocks sand everything from scratch.
its been cycling for two weeks now, water perimeters all good, but have got loads of snow in the tank, i guess its bacteria it seems to be coming from the LR in my sump, not from the LR in the tank though, is that normal?

Hi it is getting very green & furry you can't see it too well in the pic.

op6yh.jpg

Coraljunkie

Make sure you don't use the same nets or basically anything you put into the infected tanks, I just finished battling ich and won but I learned my lesson the hard way, I wasn't thinking and spot fed my coral with a baster then used the same baster to feed the rest of the food to my fish, which planted ich into my hospital tank

Snid

Might be micro bubbles from air getting into the return line from the sump? What does the sump setup look like?

The filter system is all in the back of the tank two outlets dropping into sponges, then LR on both sides going into skimmer on one side and phosphate remover on the other then the return compartment.
it does look like air bubbles but, I have a bloom of green algae everywhere now.
got some hermits & snails today so they can have a munch on it.

Does anyone know if fish can be cured of WS but still flash from habit, or are the parasites still coming out of the skin but are dead? I don't want to redose unless absolutely necessary.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm not certain on how to answer the question because it "depends". Observation time is just that, for you to observe and feel comfortable that they are healthy. Flashing dies indicate something is irritating the skin. The white cysts are the dead give away though. I think the ich life cycle isn't very long so you'll know soon.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
You would be correct, nothing from the infected tank until its been fallow for at least 8 weeks.