Adding new tangs

Mav3rick

Hey,
ive got a 120 gallon fish only tank and i have a atlantic blue tang with some other fish. well, when ever i add another flat type fish EX. yellow angelfish, clown tang, foxface. He torments it until it eventually doesnt eat and dies. what im wondering is what process should i use when adding a new fish that he would not like ...... i have a 10 gallon ready for use as QT i just havent used yet... if i QT would the fish be more aggresive and eat when i put him in the main tank.

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey,
ive got a 120 gallon fish only tank and i have a atlantic blue tang with some other fish. well, when ever i add another flat type fish EX. yellow angelfish, clown tang, foxface. He torments it until it eventually doesnt eat and dies. what im wondering is what process should i use when adding a new fish that he would not like ...... i have a 10 gallon ready for use as QT i just havent used yet... if i QT would the fish be more aggresive and eat when i put him in the main tank.

Hello :)

best option is to rearrange the rock work as the new fish arrives to confuse the blue tang and let them settle in.

I have in the past took the aa=ggrresor out for some time and put him back again and that reduced the aggression, but tangs will call some LR or some spot home so he wil go back to that spot.

good luck :)

you could keep the new fish in a breeders net for a couple days as well.