Achilles tang for sale but...

angnak

I bought an Achilles over a month ago. Everything was fine. Introduced him to the tank and he was shy as expected but over about a week it was fine. Now there is ich. I will be honest and tell you it is only the achilles is showing signs but is still eating great. Loves all food. Pellet, formula one and two, rod's food. Everything. I have had my other fish for 7 years now. I had the LFS look it up the other day when I bought them all. I have a 100 gallon coming over the weekend and was going to start treatment on all fish but know the 100 is to small for all. So I must part ways. Anyone is more than welcome to come check him out before hand. Obviously a QT tank is needed if you want him. I paid $250 for him and am asking for that. He is about 4 1/2 to 5 inches. I am in Charlotte, NC.

DesertOrchid

I have but my reef dollars are precious so I would hesitate to buy a fish that is already ill. I'm sure there are other brave souls out there that might try it but many years of fish keeping has taught me the valuable lesson in not buying something that is already visibly sick........no matter the price.

angnak

I apologize. I didn't get a chance to check on this post over the weekend. I will post some pics when I get home from work. Work blocks this site and I am on my phone replying. Yes $250 for a fish that is eating like a champ and no food that I have introduced has been turned down. I love the fish and have always wanted one. I just think it is adding to much stress to the tank right now. My orange shoulder and him are not getting along liked I had hoped. So I need to respect the elders in my tank and reduce stress for my current inhabitants. Thanks

angnak

This is the best I could get. He wouldn't slow down for me. My wife did some cleaning earlier so you can see stuff floating around. There are no spots on him now and haven't been for over a week. :fingerx: I have someone interested but here are some pics

photo 5 s.JPGphoto 4 s.JPGphoto 2 s.JPGphoto 3 s.JPG

epicenter

Cool looking fish, in fact one of my favs. but a little to aggressive maybe. It is good to see your respect for the existing livestock. Now maybe they wont all jump out in the middle of the day when you are gone.....

RogerWilco357

any full tank shots with the orange shoulder in the pic would like to see the other fish you have and this Achilles is an awesome looking fish not 2in either hope someone scores with it I would take it but my 120 is too small for him ..good luck

angnak

they are in separate tanks right now. Got the qt/hospital tank going. There are some pics of te orange shoulder in my gallery.