A disease called popeye

swissgaurd

Hi
I havent seen this disease for approx 10 years it appeared on a sebae clown cured it with cuprimine copper

now today i noticed my black percula darwin clown had popeye
6 hours later it disapears also her stomach was pretty full.

I was wondering if there is a preventitive and is it only affecting clownfish.

vic

nigle

Oi!

One of my perculas developed popeye a few months ago and I was also in a dither. I looked in my Wilkerson book about breeding clowns and she said that some clowns do develope popeye and then it dissapears after a few days.

Mine [well the fishes not personally, HA!] did go away as fast as it appeared. She said that some clowns get it and it goes away after a few days. Usually it happens when the 'hit into' something. If it appears and goes away after a few days, don't worry about it, it just happens. If it stays the link is a good one.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Maxx

I've seen it happen in almost every species of fish...
I've personally only had it happen in my black cap basslet.
I heard something that sounded suspiciously like a fish thunking against the canopy glass one night, after investigating and finding nothing, I went to bed. Woke up the next morning and the basslet had popeye. Since he/she was still eating well, I didnt think I was in too much trouble. It got better on its own after a couple of weeks...but it was not a good looking fish during all of this......
Nick