55 Fowlr

So I have decided that my 55 is going to be a FOWLR. Tell me what you guys think of my stock list.

*Green Chromis x7
*Blue Reef Chromis x5
*Royal Gramma x1
*Flame Angel x1
*Sixline Wrasse x1
*Lawnmower Blenny x1

*Cleaner Shrimp x1
*Peppermint Shrimp x3 (maybe 5 thoughts?)
*Sand Sifting Cucumber (Holothuria)
*Blue leg Hermit Crabs x20
*Astrea Snail x10
*Mexican Turbo Snail x1 (up in the air if really needed)

All suggestions are welcome!

DaveK

Your selection is OK, but you have about 4 times the number of fish I would recommend.

You have 16 fish each with an adult size of about 2 1/2 to 3 inches or 40 to 48 total inches of fish. A 55 gal tank should be stocked only to about 11 inches of fish. That is 1 inch of fish to about 5 gal of water.

You should also consider that the live rock will displace about 15 gal of water.

I see you equipment list includes a SeaClone 100 Skimmer and a Penguin 200B filter. I'm not trying to beat up on you here, but you really do need to get a filtration system worthy of your tank. The SeaClone skimmer is just about the worst piece of equipment I have ever used. Get yourself something decent. I'd recommend something like the AquaC Remora Pro. Yes, your going to have to either spend a lot more money or build it yourself. The Penguin 200 filter is too small. It's only rated to a 50 gal tank. That would be for a FW tank. I would consider that to be an "extremely optimistic" estimate. If your going to use hang on tank filters on a SW system, I'd use at least two 350B filters. Better still, use a filtration system designed for a SW system.

ck508

+1 to Davek; I would recommend a Berlin Sump and a AquaC Remora pro, thats going to be alittle pricey but you will benfit from it alot

You rock DaveK! Thank you for the thorough breakdown and I agree 100%, my filtration system needs to be upgraded. Although my water chemistry has been fine in past years with the same equipment, it needs to be done. I'm still tossing ideas around in my head on what to do with that. Whether it be a sump, HOB refugium, or the Pro Series Rp3 system by TR.

Does anyone have any experience with the Rp3 system?
Reference: Tom Rapids Pro Series Rp3 Plus Canister Filter With Auto Fill System

As for the stock list...How does the following look?

*Green Chromis x5
*Blue Reef Chromis x3
*Royal Gramma x1
*Flame Angel x1
*Sixline Wrasse x1
*Lawnmower Blenny x1

*Cleaner Shrimp x1
*Peppermint Shrimp x3 (maybe 5 thoughts?)
*Sand Sifting Cucumber (Holothuria)
*Blue leg Hermit Crabs x20
*Astrea Snail x10
*Mexican Turbo Snail x1 (up in the air if really needed)

Any comments on the Inverts?