125 Gallon FOWLR Stocking List Feedback

Liquidice

I just wanted to throw out my planned stocking list to get feedback from those who have more experience than me. I'm planning on keeping a relatively reef safe group of fish because I would like to upgrade my lights and grow coral in the future. The tank is 125g, 150 lbs live rock, Octopus Extreme 200 skimmer, 30 gal sump(15 of which is refugium w/ Chaeto). Just want to make sure that there aren't too many fish for this system, and I understand that all tanks are different and I will be testing/observing as the stocking progresses and will stop if there are any issues.

Currently in Tank:
-Regal Tang
-2 False Clowns
-Firefish

Future Purchases:
-One Spot Foxface
-Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
-Coral Beauty

Thanks in advance for any input!

BigJay

your list sounds just fine to me for a FOWLR . Make sure you have a cover on the tank though , firefish are notorious jumpers.

Liquidice

Building a cover was one of the first things I did when I set up my tank. That was one thing that I read everywhere about the firefish.

As for the coral beauty, be careful with the coral and them. they are known to nip at some corals. i think mostly sps stony. If you really like foxface you can go with them, but i would personally go with a yellow tang. and the wrasse is very pretty but with a nice tank like a 125 you can also go with amazing looking anthias. This is just my opinion but gives you an idea of what other nice looking fish are out there if you have not already looked. good luck.

stated the tank is a FOWLR ..fish only with live rock .. means no corals

"I'm planning on keeping a relatively reef safe group of fish because I would like to upgrade my lights and grow coral in the future." the whole and grow coral in the future is what i was refering too.

Liquidice

Actually that fish was the one I placed in the "relatively reef safe" group. I've read about coral beauties that never bother any coral, and others that become a serious problem. Since corals are going to be at least a year or two in the future, I'll probably get the fish and then trade it in if it becomes a problem when corals are introduced.

I actually thought about the yellow tang before the foxface, but I like the contrast in color that the foxface has. I will also be doing more research on the anthias!

Thanks for the comments

BigJay

"I'm planning on keeping a relatively reef safe group of fish because I would like to upgrade my lights and grow coral in the future." the whole and grow coral in the future is what i was refering too.

your right, I completely missed that line. My bad.

Actually that fish was the one I placed in the "relatively reef safe" group. I've read about coral beauties that never bother any coral, and others that become a serious problem. Since corals are going to be at least a year or two in the future, I'll probably get the fish and then trade it in if it becomes a problem when corals are introduced.

I actually thought about the yellow tang before the foxface, but I like the contrast in color that the foxface has. I will also be doing more research on the anthias!

Thanks for the comments

a heads up on the anthias. from my experience and from what ive heard from otehrs, introduce this as soon as possible before other fish. and also try getting a pair. they are very social and do much better in groups. and they are also very sensitive. so try liveaquaria with tehir 14 day gaurentee because mine died after just around 5 days from stress. it was a gorgious fish and am hoping to get another soon.