Search results

1. R

Ron Fox

Hello, I am back. Its been a couple of years. I posted a thread already, still getting used to navigating around the site. look forward to talking with you all soon.
  2. R

Hello All

Hi, Its been a couple of years since I have been on this site. I see a few familiar names. I am getting the itch to start a live a reef tank. I want a reef ready aqaurium, with all the correct equipment to have a thriving live reef tank. I am not concerned with money, I understand that...
  3. R

Thank You All

I am throwing in the towel. I am not into this hobby like I thought I would be. I want to thank everyone who helped me with my questions. I posted a thread on Dry Goods For Sale. Once again thanks for all the help.
  4. R

Thank you all

I am throwing in the towel. I am not into this hobby like I thought I would be. I want to thank everyone who helped me with my questions. I posted a thread on Dry Goods For Sale. Once again thanks for all the help.
  5. R

Selling it ALL!!!

Well, I have decided to throw in the towel. I am just not into this hobby. I want to thank everyone who helped me with all my questions. Now, I have a 29 gallon bio cube, with the matching stand. They are about 7 months old. I also have an Aqua C Remora skimmer, maxijet 1200, Sunpod 20"...
  6. R

Skimmer For Sale

If anyone wants a good deal on a brand new Aqua C Remora skimmer with maxijet 1200 let me know. I will give you a real good deal. The skimmer doesn't realy work with the lighting I have. They are in the way of each other. That is why I am selling.
  7. R

Skimmer Trade

Does anyone want to trade an Aqua C Remora skimmer with the maxijet 1200 for the skimmer that is designed to fit in the second chamber of a 29 gallon Biocube. My remora is brand new used for an hour and relized that it was not the best choice for my setup. Can't hang it from the back. It is...
  8. R

Lights.

Could someone please tell me what the 6 white leds are for on the Current Sunpods and when they should be used? Thanks.
  9. R

My 29gl. chronicle

Hello all, I will be posting my chronicle with quality pics for you viewing/reading pleasures in about 5 days. Wanted to give you all a heads up and a big thank you for helping me with all my questions. You deserve a geat chronicle and thats what I am preparing for. I had an early X-Mas...
  10. R

Precaution!!

Ok, my 20" sunpod and my remora 1200 skimmer came in the mail today. I am going to install them both tomorrow. Are there any precautions I need to be aware of before I make the swap. It seems to easy, like I am forgetting something. They will be going onto a 29 gallon biocube.
  11. R

Going Topless???

Im going topless on my biocube and I am having a hard time deciding on lighting. Its between the 20 inch Sunpod 150 Watt, or the JBJ K-2 Viper HQI 150 Watt with 14K lamp. Any recommendations????? I am aware that th JBJ K-2 Viper lacks any leds, blue light. I am ok with that.
  12. R

Cyano

Does anyone have any pics of cyano, or could someone explain to me what it may look like and what it is? Im guessing it is some form of algae. My reef book does not have anything on this subject. The dictionary explains it as a combination of dark blue and black colors. Thanks.
  13. R

Upgrading Help

Hello all, I am going to upgrade my 29 gallon bio cube. I know I want a CPR SR3 Protein Skimmer. It fits in the second chamber, out of sight. Any other ideas from you pros is always welcome. I need some advice on lighting. I do not mind spending some money. I know I want a clam or two. I...
  14. R

Local Fish Store

I live in Wilmington North Carolina at the beach. You would think there would be at least one half way decent Tropical Fish Store in town. All we have is one not so good Fish store and Petsmart. I am starting to do my shopping on line. I would like to keep the buisiness in the Reef Sanctuary...
  15. R

Bubble Algae Attack!!

I have tried the gel super glue to remove small clusters of bubble algae with great success. However, I have crated a bloom of this stuff and it is now spreading to the point that the glue is not going to get it. Does anyone know of any chemicals I can add or anything I can do to get rid of...
  16. R

C.U.C missing

It appears that my two emerald crabs are missing, and my three hermits are not doing anything. Thier shells have been in the same place for three days now. I havent seen the emeralds in about a week. The only members of the crew working are all the snails. All my water parameters are on the...
  17. R

Touching Corals

Is it ok for corals to come in contact with each other? I ask this because my frogspawn and bubble tiped anemone have grown and are now starting to touch each other. It seems when they do, my frogspawn wants to back away.
  18. R

Dead Crab

I found a dead emerald crab this morning in my tank. Im sure the members of crabs are evil society are cheering at the moment. I do not know how long it was in there dead. I checked my levels of amonia (0), nitrite (0) and nitrate was about 35-45 ppm. My question is, if I never found the...
  19. R

Bubble Algae Gone!

Wow....Last night I asked you all how to get rid of bubble algae and I was happy to get the responses as usual. Well this morning, I went to the store and picked up a tube of super glue gel. When I got home and was ready to remove the algae, one of my snails parked itself over the small...
  20. R

Bubble Algea

Anyone have a quick and easy fix to get rid of bubble algea? I have a small patch growing on one of my best pieces of rock.