Search results

1. TangMang232

dragonet

So i have 2 scooter dragonets (Synchiropus ocellatus) and i was wondering if they would be able to coexist with a mandarian (Pterosynchiropus splendidus)?? the tank is a 120 with refuium. Would this put a strain on the micro food population? thanks for all your thoughts.
  2. TangMang232

AquaC EV issue

So i have an AquaC EV 150 or now the 180, ran on a mag 9.5 pump, and it has drilled air holes (made larger). The issue is i cant get it to skim, i know its only been a few days but its still not creating any foam what so ever, is this normal. Also would the level in the sump have anything to do...
  3. TangMang232

please post your opinions

So currently my 120 has 3 46.5 inch T12 VHO bulbs. I did purchase two more bulbs and ballast, but got to thinking. Would it be better to switch all the lights over to T-5s with there own reflectors and run more bulbs. What do you guys think, should i stick with VHO or swith to T5 HO's???? In...
  4. TangMang232

montipora

Hey everybody, i have a bit of a problem. My montipora is starting to bleach. My temp is between 76 and 78 when the lights come on and off. Water chemistry is good, the only low point is calcium, because i have a hard time keeping it stable. Working on getting my drip container setup currently...
  5. TangMang232

calcium

so I need an alternative to liquid calcium. I was sure, one day I would run into this point. Question is should I just invest in a calcium reatcor and start mixing kalckwasser?? or is there another method that you feel could be just a great. The tank now, is a 120 with 40 breeder sump. Corals...
  6. TangMang232

monos

so.....just a quick question. My thoughts are this will not work but i was wondering if i could adopt some MONO's from a friend. They are about 7" now and would be going into a reef tank. The smallest fish i have is a watchman goby.... Would the mono's upset the reef tank by either killing...
  7. TangMang232

hmmmm??

so im having this issue with algae growing on the glass. Now the tank is only a month old and it has gone through its diatom stage. Tank now is a 120. The fuge has been setup for the same duration of time, with some chaeto and some sand. I eventually would like to add some mangroves but would...
  8. TangMang232

120 custom

Well everybody, its finally happened. The wife said okay to a new, large tank. Its a 120 gallon with custom oak stand and canopy. Its purchased second hand from a co-worker so I got it for pretty cheap. Dimensions are 48x24x24. The tank also came with a 40 gallon breeder with baffles, 3 VHO...
  9. TangMang232

Pvc

Hello All, Im picking up my 120 custom today, and im wondering what type of PVC cement im supposed to use. It seems that it needs to be something specific, like blue in color. Never done this before so making sure im doing it right lol. I will also have a chronicle started later today with...
  10. TangMang232

online ordering

just a general question, but has anybody on this site every ordered from liveaquaria.com?? I made my first online order for live fish and im anxious as to how it goes. Just kinda wondered what everybody else thought of there services. Thanks much
  11. TangMang232

feather infestation

so everybody, i have this massive infestation of featherdusters. I had no idea they spread that quick lol. I got a nice green line mushroom on a rock that had id say about 15 small feathers on it. Now 18 of my 30 pieces of rock is covered in them. My question is how do i get rid of them. I like...
  12. TangMang232

magazine

does anybody know of a good magazine that i can subscribe to. I was looking for something more saltwater based versus a mix of fresh and salt. Something that would have a monthly issue as well. The only ones i know of are TFH which is mix and another one that is like annually or something...
  13. TangMang232

food

so this may sound like the dumbest question ever but i got this frozen cubed krill, is that okay to feed say dartfish, clowns, tangs, wrasse's and other varius smaller reef fish??
  14. TangMang232

epoxy

Hey all, i just bought this epoxy from Home Depot, its called Aquamend!! anybody heard of it or anything about it. Is it reef safe?? let me know anything i should. Thanks, Nick
  15. TangMang232

Maroon

So I bought a Maroon Clown and he's tiny, about 1 1/4 inch's. I wanted to add another fish right away before he gets to established. The tank is about 6 months old and sat with 4 chromis' to keep it cycled. I was thinking about adding a blue spot jawfish. Knowing the Maroons nature in being...
  16. TangMang232

Clowns

I'm interested in breeding clowns and was wondering what kind I should try. Its not that I'm bored with percula's or anything, there just really common. I was thinking Clarkii's or skunks even. What you guys think. My setup consists of a 20 gallon long with rock and sand. Tank is 2 weeks into...
  17. TangMang232

sunlight supply tek lighting

i was wondering what everbodys opinions are with the sunlight supply tek t-5 light. I see that there rather cheap and im trying to get a decent light system with out spending a bunch of money. If there not a good brand what whould you recommend.
  18. TangMang232

moving

hey, I'm in the process of moving in the next week here and wanted to make sure that my method of approach was accurate. I plan on having at least 15 gallons of aged tank water to add right away and using newly mixed water for the rest. Is this a good idea or should i try and save as much as...
  19. TangMang232

lost actinic

So.....heres the deal. I used to run PCs on my tank and am now running MH. I added the coralife Clamp on MH series. I cant seem to get it mounted in a way that the tank receives enough light form the MH to keep the PCs which would be running actinic. Would a basic T5 setup with just actinic...
  20. TangMang232

Whats the problem?

hey guys and gals, lately I have been having a problem with a oily looking buildup on the surface of my tank water. My params check clear for any differance from normal so the next thing I was thinking about was the skimmer, pushing the skimmate back into the tank. Currently im running a...