Search results

1. bigbratt

I don't know what I did right.

I don't dose anything, water changes are 15g a week to 10 days depending on how busy I get. I tend to leave the tank alone unless I see something off, just clean the glass, water changes and feeding.
  2. bigbratt

the tank is doing great, although I just lost my clam. This is the newest pic I could find and a few things have changed. Back glass has been cleaned off and I don't have the red microalgea anymore. I have a newer pic on my phone but haven't downloaded it to my computer yet. I will post it when...
  3. bigbratt

Happy B-Day bigbratt

Thank you.
  4. bigbratt

Happy B-Day bigbratt

she...and I'm on everyday, just don't post much Thanks for all the birthday wishes.....nope nothing for the reef....
  5. bigbratt

Levels that won't reach zero

5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization System Bulk Reef Supply
  6. bigbratt

Aptasia?

I don't think that it is as it seems totally different then the ones I have had in the tank before. It's been there for about 5 months now, doesn't move around and goes green under the atinics. Anybody have an idea?
  7. bigbratt

OT: Impossible question

jelly fish
  8. bigbratt

Salinity and other woes

Your still cycling the tank right? Just take out a few gallons and add RO water just as if your topping up. Why do you want salinity at 1.023 I think that it should be 1.025 - 1.026...at least I hope that's what it should be at ,thats what I run mine at.
  9. bigbratt

I found a really nuts critter

I have one in our FW tank it it's about 7" right now....takes a long time to grow to 12" and they will eat anything that will fit into their mouth. Cool fish to have though, get along with everything that's not food.
  10. bigbratt

Thanks Jason, I do target feed it, but I will try and put in low in the tank.
  11. bigbratt

that's the closest I have right now
  12. bigbratt

I think that it's a bleached out flower pot. That's how I got it and I'm hoping that it will color back up.
  13. bigbratt

Meet Godzilla... When we got him Boxing Day And today
  14. bigbratt

lol, I wish but no room for it. He knows where you work, but he did get a good chuckle.
  15. bigbratt

sas, don't even say anything about a bigger tank....he would kill me. Although he has been thinking of changing his 135g over. Yeah it does look so much better, the gobies helped a ton with the sand and just cleaning it every day while it went through all the new tank stages. My youngest...
  16. bigbratt

wow, it's been awhile since I've updated this. Well it's changed alittle (a couple of times I think) I now have 2 golden head sleeper gobies, so of course I had to move everything around, man can they ever create a sand storm. The anemone decided on Saturday that it had to move to the other side...
  17. bigbratt

Who has a sun coral

I wait 1/2 hour after MH go out then target feed then mysis with a turkey baster after feeding the fish so that the fish don't steal food right out of it's mouth. I feed it every second day at approx the same time. Now it starts to open about an hour before feeding. It's about 1/2 again the...
  18. bigbratt

Circuit Big enough?

depends on what each piece of equipment draws in amps.
  19. bigbratt

anyone heard of blue star polyps?

they are blue clove polyps...I have some, I was told that they were slow growing but I am finding that's not true...I started with one small area on a small rock and now it's overtaken the whole rock and has also spread to a much bigger rock, I have them high in my tank with 2-250mh and they...
  20. bigbratt

Thanks Anselth, it's doing wonderful, opens up and looks almost double in size when open.