Search results

1. Tsao

New Corals, questions about one of them.

I just got back from the store and got some kenya trees, zoos, GSPs, a leather and this green florescent hammer coral. The owner at the store said to start with it at the bottom of the tank, however research told me they need moderate to heavy lighting and I only have T5s. Just wondering where...
  2. Tsao

Importance of water flow?

First is a picture of the set up I have now. Second is how it used to be, I really liked the way it used to be, I think it looks nice, however, I read that you shouldn't wall stack due to flow problems. Just curious what types of problems would arise and if it's really that bad of an idea.
  3. Tsao

Brown Algae?

Just wondering what this is. I completely cleaned off all the rock and it was white/tan yesterday.. Within a day it grows back to this. Any suggestions? The green in the corner is just food for the rabbitfish so not that.
  4. Tsao

What is it?

Picture is really blurry but it has spikes or whatever coming out of it.
  5. Tsao

New start.

My tank crashed. Long story short, I'm not too happy with my dogs. Anyway, I was going to do things a little more correctly (although, I had no problems with my tank and minimal maintenance the way I did it before). I just had as my filtration a refugium. Just wondering where I should go from...
  6. Tsao

New additions. Question about one.

Just got a LT Anem, lunar wrasse and a horseshoe crab... I read that they tend to starve in systems so would it be helpful to target feed them or how can I insure his survival?
  7. Tsao

Damn LR.

I'm having trouble stacking my LR. The first time I tried to stack it I got it the way I liked it (the picture in my photo gallery) but when the tank had to be moved they all fell down and since then I can't get it as well put together. Not that you guys can do anything, just complaining...
  8. Tsao

Ahh.. Chaeto.

My refuge is packed.. I guess I should thin it out.. I'm around the PA/DE border outside of Philadelphia. Free pick up, will deliver for gas money if it's a reasonable distance or maybe a trade for something since my tank is kind of bare if you want to get rid of anything (This would be my...
  9. Tsao

Atlantic Anemones

I never bought one cause the guy said they won't host with clowns but my friend just got one and a clown hosted with it immediately, is this uncommon? I'm thinking I might go by and buy one, they're pretty large and only like $14.
  10. Tsao

OT: or is it? New Car.

I just got a new car... It's an 08 Acura RDX.... I'm pretty excited, my fiancee and I absolutely love it... Before, I just had my sports car. I actually ruined my gps with stuff for the tank (spilling water on the dvd player) But now I actually have storage space... The non OT part is now that I...
  11. Tsao

What light...

The guy I might purchase from said "Your choice of one of two lights. EITHER a Current USA Outer Orbit fixture with two 150w metal halides with 9 blue and 9 white LED's, OR a Coralife Power Compact fixture with florescent & actinic bulbs, with 3 lunar LED's (there are 4, but one of them hasn't...
  12. Tsao

Clarki Anemone?

I didn't have much luck hosting perculas with anemones. From what I've been reading Clarkis will be more likely to host. So I'm just curious... What type of anemone will a clarki have the highest chance to host with?
  13. Tsao

Algae Problem?

A few problems. First is I have this redish purple gunk that builds up on my sandbed. I noticed my glass looked cloudy so i scrapped it and when it built up on my scrapper, it was the same redish stuff that is on the bottom. Also a type of algae came on a zoo colony I got and its spreading...
  14. Tsao

Clown Question.

I went away for about two days and when I came back I noticed my orange perc looks a little discolored. He seems darker than normal. Also, he usually swims out in the front of the tank with my black one but now he's just been sitting in the top corner. He's eating fine and all. Just sitting in...
  15. Tsao

pagodas.

i had to move my pagoda cup to rearrange the lr and now it's all slimey, it also did this when i moved him before. it's like lots of stringy slime. just making sure this is normal. sorry, i can't make capital letters. for some reason when i press the shift key it makes this, *. Edit: I fixed...
  16. Tsao

Opinion on setup.

I'm hearing I shouldn't have put the liverock along the three sides of the tank due to waterflow and such but rather keep it set up in the middle of the tank so you can clean all the sides. However I had alot of live rock and only one tank so I piled it up along the three sides making like a...
  17. Tsao

Pipe/Tubing and pump

Dispite having hatched brine eggs in the refugium, I have no change to the water quality so Im thinking its about time to connect it to my MT. It's positioned higher than the tank and has an internal drilled over flow in it. (see white pvc) It has threaded end sticking out the back but it's not...
  18. Tsao

Growing back?

As I've put in a few of my other posts, someone gave me a bunch of LR and a few dead corals, ( for decoration) I noticed on a tree-branch type thing sitting on my sand these bubbles (the branch looks like a wooden twig). There's 1 on each end of the branch so there's about four of them, could it...
  19. Tsao

New anemone.

I put a new rose bta in my tank, he was out in the open for awhile and now I found him behind my LR wall where there's not really any light, also the clowns won't host with him behind there (because they never go back there) and I'm worried about him not being able to eat there. Should I move...
  20. Tsao

Making a system.

I'm going to the LFS soon. Just wondering what do I need to add a couple 10G to my tank and make it a system? The first thing I want to do is make a sump or something to isolate creatures, right now I have a baby snail without a shell that the hermits are trying to get to. I asked on the...