Search results

1. gimmito

Juan's 300G+ Aparment Reef Tank Chronicle

Man....I could have sworn I replied to this build yesterday. :confused3: Juan...as always a beautiful job from inception to completion. One thought...have you thought of using sea swirls in the far end of your tank with the vortecs on the other side? I think you will get some nice random flow...
  2. gimmito

Gimmito's 450 L-shaped display

Thanks Juan....5ppm it is. :) It's always difficult for me to tell the colors when it's a shade off. The sulfate denitrator is doing its job without the side effects I was getting when carbon dosing. I was hoping to get some Colorado or flame anemones, but I was able to trade some equipment...
  3. gimmito

Update on the sulfur denitrator. I'm getting a reading of 10 ppm or less. I also increased the drip rate to 4-5 drips per second. I suspect the rapid drop in nitrates is due to the fact there was already existing bacteria in the water from the carbon dosing.
  4. gimmito

I'll have to take another video when feeding. The red coris wrasse and marine beta will come out for sure.
  5. gimmito

[/URL][/IMG] I picked up some rbtas....hoping to add more clowns for them down the line.
  6. gimmito

You are more than welcome. ...they love to show off when the camera is on.
  7. gimmito

Thanks for sticking with the thread during a my absence from posting. ;) I just starting running the reactor, so I can't give you a number for nitrates. I typically get a 40-80 ppm nitrate reading when not any running anything....I have some large tangs!
  8. gimmito

I've dosed carbon (vodka/vinegar) for a while now with varied success to keep nitrates in check. Based on some friends in the hobby recommendations, I thought I'd try a H&S sulfur denitrator to help control nitrates. I'm starting off at a drip per second and will adjust accordingly. I'll report...
  9. gimmito

Hey Glenn, Unfortunately the cuttlefish lifespan was only a year. Definitely one of my favorite animals I've ever kept.
  10. gimmito

Initially I started using it to help rid any free floating protozoans (such as ich). I also carbon dose which can make the tank cloudy at times and it clears it right up. It also has a attachmen to siphon out the sand bed. A added bonus is it helps with CO2 gas exchange.
  11. gimmito

In glad you liked it Pat.
  12. gimmito

I saw that....thanks Frankie!
  13. gimmito

http://youtu.be/PkhJMKqAI3c
  14. gimmito

http://youtu.be/TNfJuR1-K3c
  15. gimmito

I picked up a couple of Rapid Onyx LED's. I'm looking forward to see how it lights up the back of the tank.
  16. gimmito

Thanks Frankie!